Sr Program Manager - Engineering 201627
Pleasanton, CA /
Technology & Operations – Product PMO /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
This position in the Engineering Program Management organization is to drive multiple concurrent engineering and service operations programs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is customer focused, collaborative, can be the watchdog and strong program manager for the release across multiple product development teams. He/she also ensures governance around the Software Development Lifecycle processes and practices, puts in adequate controls in place, while helping us to provide proactive outbound communication, etc. The ultimate goal is for this person to be the proactive voice from Engineering working very closely with all stakeholder teams effectively to improve customer satisfaction from an Engineering and Operational standpoint.
Reporting to Engineering Program Management leadership, the Sr. Technical Engineering Program Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and own cross functional software development program plans that define planning, development, verification, operations, milestones, and quality of infrastructure and application development initiatives
- Develop detailed technical understanding of all components to facilitate prioritization of requests from the Product Management organization and other key internal stakeholders as well as identify the connections and dependencies among other teams.
- Support the Scrum teams with monitoring schedule deviations, velocity and assisting in the development of corrective action plans at the program level
- Partner with the internal Product Management organization to drive requirements and work with other teams to continuously interact with stakeholders to set expectations, review objectives and coordinate resources across the individual projects.
- Work with Release Management organization to develop release schedules and intermediate milestones for release trains across product lines and ensure the engineering teams are aligned with the release model for predictable releases.
- Manage, track, and regularly communicate on-time delivery of multi-phased programs to different levels ranging from cross functional teams to Executives.
- Partner with the Engineering Captain to identify the program's individual technical projects and estimate resources required to deliver the program.
- Work closely with the team of Engineering Program Managers, Product Managers and key Engineering teams across the company to successfully drive the programs through various phases of Planning, Execution, Production Readiness and Post Production program health.
- Responsible for managing successful delivery of program releases into production on agreed schedules.
- Guide agile (Scrum and Kanban) transformation of the Software Engineering Product development side of the business.
- Hands-on with product offers’ design review, risk, safety and root cause analysis (FMEA, FTA).
- Facilitate continuous improvement of the policies, process, practices and templates associated with stage-gate process.
- Maintain dashboards in JIRA, Excel and Confluence providing real-time visibility across projects and product lines.
Desired skills and experiences:
- 7+ years of overall program management experience, with 4+ years in Enterprise Software companies focused on Operations.
- Previous Hands-on software development experience is preferred.
- Mentored junior software engineers and project managers
- Strong collaboration, project planning skills
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Strong, independent leader, who is a self-starter and a proven team player in a high achievement-oriented environment
- CSM and PMP certification a plus
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in a technical field required
- MBA a plus
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.