Staff Platform Software Engineer- 190435
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
In this Staff Platform Software Engineer role, you will be working in a dynamic development team while collaborating with other developers, management and customer support teams. You will have an opportunity to participate in designing and developing services utilized across product lines. All our products are deployed in public (AWS) and/or private cloud environments.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepares, validates, improves, and reengineers functions / processes. Drives change and improvements within a group.
- Balances conflicting business and technical requirements and establishes partnerships with customers.
- Expert in a given domain and/or technology. A leader of at least one team.
- Produces well thought-out architecture with scale, performance, security, and availability considerations.
- Develops detailed implementation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Able to influence and collaborate closely with groups within the product line
- Spends a portion of their time in leadership activities
- Design and build scalable services and applications optimized for the best customer experience possible
- Contribute to architecture, design and implementation of our next generation cloud services
- Provide technical leadership, create technical specifications for new microservices and API’s
- Take ownership of the quality of the service from coding all the way to production
- Maintain developer documentation for the new API’s to encourage adoption and best practices
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 8+ years of software development experience using Object Oriented design for high-volume transactional and customer-facing web applications using Java, C#, .NET or similar
- Hands on experience with CI/CD, design reviews, code reviews, TDD, unit testing, integration/system testing, monitoring, alerting, agile development practices
- Full stack experience, knowledge of platform and application layer development processes in an Micro-service environment
- Deep knowledge of industry standards and industry best practices for a large, complex platforms and services
- Experience with REST architectural patterns and experience building, exposing, consuming RESTful services
- Extensive hands on knowledge and experience with database design and management for PostgreSQL, SQL, Oracle, NoSQL
- Proven success designing robust and scalable production systems
- Experience with security protocols and security best practices
- Extensive hands on experience designing and implementing API’s and SDKs
- Extensive experience architecting and releasing service offerings across single or multiple cloud providers
- Strong communication skills, able to communicate effectively with developers, project managers, UX, QA and the leadership team
- Deep knowledge and understanding of scrum/agile development methodologies
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.