Compensation Manager- 190432
G&A – Human Resources
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is seeking a Compensation Manager to be responsible for managing compensation in our Workday annual performance & compensation process, and helping develop compensation analytics, compensation training and delivery.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Implementing and owning the job architecture in Workday and work closely with the HRIS team on system requirements, case studies, and test scripts
- Evaluating and providing guidance to recruiters and HR business partners on employment changes (i.e. salary, title, commission changes) ensuring that all necessary information is received, approved and entered into Workday as appropriate
- Performing job analysis and evaluation for new jobs and market pricing such jobs based on location and ensuring that all necessary information is received, approved and entered into Workday as appropriate
- Participating in salary survey submissions including quarterly trend surveys
- Assisting with creation of management guidelines for base salaries, bonuses, recognition rewards, and other pay practices for compensation actions
- Reviewing year-over-year market movements and adjusting base and bonus salary ranges accordingly
- Helping with Long-term Incentive design by pulling peer reports and analyzing trends and implications
- Designing programs for spot bonuses, special recognition awards, and retention bonuses, ensuring compliance to local, state, federal and country wage and hour regulations.
- Developing recurring and ad-hoc compensation reports / analytics
- Collaborating with the Learning & Development team to identify and develop HR and Manager training, resources and communication materials for job evaluation and analysis
- Leading and preparing the regular annual cash increase, promotion, and equity refresh recommendations for senior leadership approval in Workday
- Keeping up with current developments in Labor and Employment Law as it relates to compensation and other rewards and proposing recommendations for how Ellie Mae may stay compliant
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years compensation management and administration experience
- Strong understanding of Workday Compensation processes and data, especially as related to compensation administration, structuring and overseeing the performance & compensation process
- Highly analytical, organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet established deadlines
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, written, and oral communication skills
- Participate in the strategy, design, and implementation of compensation programs and policies
- Conduct salary, bonus, and FLSA exemption analysis
- Must possess strong ethical standards regarding the handling of confidential information
- Must possess advanced proficiency in MS Excel
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.