Manager, Professional Services 202232
U.S.A. Remote /
Professional Services – Professional Services /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Delivery Manager primary role is to Lead the core project team and customers either during implementation or for follow up work as required and driven by the project life cycle. They are directly responsible for supporting the customer, and projectteam. She/He will acquire requirements from Project Team and Customer, providing solutions surrounding advanced configuration that is beyond normal deliverable elements based on the customers’ needs. This role is meant for someone who has broad industry and Ellie Mae™ product knowledge combined with advanced communication and leadership skills.
The Manager, Professional Services is also responsible for a team of direct reports. The responsibility not limited to coaching, mentoring, and building growth opportunities within the greater organization.
- Responsible in managing approximately 5-7 direct reports
- Soft skills, with strengths in emotional intelligence
- Ability to maneuver HR, Resourcing, People Organization, Escalations and other departments in order to support not only project oversight but direct reports as well
- Evaluates employee’s performances and provide actionable and timely feedback
- Communicate regularly with other Managers, Directors, and Vice Presidents
- Drive the best practice implementation cycle for the new Ellie Mae clients.
- Maintain a level of expertise on the mortgage industry and the Ellie Mae product suite.
- Maintain a level of expertise on the Professional Services tools used daily to complete the job.
- Must possess great communicate skills which are used internally and externally to effectively coordinate the tasks performed during professional services projects.
- Facilitate relationships across various teams, partners, and/or departments to strengthen partnership with customers
- Communicates Effectively in large and small groups, and one-to-one.
- Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications, information which is clear, salient, and audience appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively
- Exhibit high regard for teamwork and collaboration.
- Deliver salient information and complete solutions with confidence. Exemplary customer services skills for active listening, communication, presentation, project management, patience, empathy, resilience, and social skills
- Manages Ambiguity: Demonstrates an ability to remain productive and function effectively in the role when situations are uncertain, unclear, or where situational information is not complete. Adaptable; Flexible; Resilient.
- Comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; conscientious listener
- Manages Complexity: Obtains relevant diagnostic information and apply to issue analysis and resolution efforts. Possesses the capability, capacity, and patience to collect and consider complex, large quantities, and/or potentially contradictory information in the process of triage, problem analysis, and resolution. Critical thinking; Problem solving.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate lasting customer relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, legal, technical, finance, support, sales, and marketing experts
- Ensure any special requirements of the customer are met and delivered on time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- 7-8 years minimum mortgage banking or banking experience with extensive exposure to all aspects of the industry.
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies (SaaS)
- A fundamental understanding of core software skills including software lifecycle management principals, and an understanding of client server, cloud computing and APIs
- Ability to read and comprehend XML
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints, handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Initiative and strong sense of ownership
- 4+ years Encompass Product Experience
- SQL familiarity, basic troubleshooting of DB exceptions, SQL queries, etc
- Ability to interpret scripting languages such as VB
- Prior experience using a case tracking system (preferably Salesforce, and JIRA)
- Familiar with Client/Server Architecture and network troubleshooting tools such as Telnet, Traceroute or Ping
- Maintain composure and professionalism under high-pressure conditions; open-minded; solicits feedback
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities
- Bachelor of Arts or Business Management Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Certifications and Experience (Degree strongly preferred)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Windows 10, MS Office)
- Experience implementing enterprise software solutions for the mortgage industry strongly desired
- Self-management: Ability to manage and prioritize own workload effectively. Be able to follow through and complete the work to client satisfaction (required)
- Strong project management skills, including status reporting, project documentation, issue resolution, time management, and communication with all project team members. (required)
- Must be able to travel within the US up to 75% of the time (required)
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.