Operations Analyst- 190407
Professional Services – Professional Services
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Do you love data? Do you love to quantify all things? If you do, consider applying for our challenging BI/Ops Analyst position.
We are searching for a professional, who is a self-starter and possesses eager attitude about data and business trends. Under the guidance of your supervisor, you will perform daily tasks to create and own records of projects performed by the services organization and assist with monthly reconciliation. You will also perform BI duties to identify and visualize operational deficiencies.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and continually improve processes and procedures for effective and efficient team operations.
- Participate in ad hoc projects or special projects
- Oversee financials, including revenue / expense reporting and margins.
- Partner with Finance, Accounting, and Billing teams to ensure accuracy of revenue recognition methodologies across products, and new product set up
- Develop and manage dashboards with financial forecasts and key metrics for Professional services
- Develop key partnerships with cross-functional teams to deliver seamless services to our customers
- Review and provide data to Finance for corporate reporting, including headcount data, revenue forecasts, and expense budgeting. Help with the department budgeting process.
- Overall management of invoices, contracts, and budget for specific initiatives
- Forward looking data analysis to identify and highlight key trends, and provide insights that map to the organization’s KPIs
Basic Skills and Qualification
- Self-starter, highly analytical with sound decision-making skills
- Be able to demonstrate proficiency in Excel (i.e. creating pivot tables and charts, knowledge of aggregation formulas) and strong knowledge of charts
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or equivalent CRM application is a plus
- Working knowledge of Tableau and data warehousing concept is a huge plus
- Three or more years’ experience in operations, financial analysis, business intelligence and/or similar
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams and projects
- Team-oriented professional with superior presentation skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be able to foster and maintain strong partnering relationships with cross functional departments and be able to present recommendations based on data analysis – and execute on those recommendations
- Attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Proactive, flexible, and willing to learn new skills and balance multiple priorities to meet deadlines.
- Laser focus on data integrity
- BS/BA in business, finance, economics, or IT related field
Preferred Skills and Qualification
- BS/BA or similar advanced degree
- Expert Microsoft Excel skills
- Advanced Powerpoint skills
- Experience with Tableau or related data visualization tools
- Salesforce.com experience
- SaaS software experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.