Technical Support Engineer I 190781
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Industry Technical Support Agent acts as an Initial and Closing Document specialist relevant to the use and application of Ellie Mae products and services. The Industry Technical Support Agent delivers complete resolutions, in a timely manner, and consistently, to address clients’ questions and concerns with the user interface, documents, and tools available in the Ellie Mae product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leverage mortgage industry experience to assist clients in the use of their Ellie Mae software solutions
- Resolve problems in a timely manner with minimal assistance for 85% of all cases assigned.
- Maintain Department Standards
- Drive SLA attainment
- Strive for first-call resolution, balancing completeness of resolution and quality of service.
- Maintain case backlog
- Recognize and respond accordingly to systemic customer-impacting problems.
- Participate in product/enhancement closed loop process by accurately identifying defects, enhancements, and communication status updates to the client.
- Understand and follow company and departmental guidelines and policies for customer interaction.
- Manage continuous inbound customer enquires via multiple channels; prioritize and escalate based on recognized business impact; self-managed case backlog to acceptable levels.
- Effectively use knowledge base, along with all resources available to drive resolution.
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all client interactions in CRM system
Skills and Knowledge requirements
- Three or more years recent mortgage processing, funding, document drawing, shipping or post-closing.
- Experience using desktop loan origination software applications.
- Proven effectiveness in a role that requires multi-tasking and strong customer soft-skills.
- Demonstrated ability to confidently deliver solutions and resolve issues.
- Team-oriented, demonstrates a professional cooperative attitude.
- Exhibits flexibility, can multi-task several priorities to completion, finishes ad hoc projects and requests when needed.
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exhibit high regard for teamwork and collaboration.
- Makes timely and sound decisions based on all available input; addresses root cause of issues; recognizes problems and acts accordingly.
- Communicate effectively via written and spoken language; comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; conscientious listener.
- Maintain composure and professionalism under high-pressure conditions; open-minded; solicits feedback.
- Analytical; proactive; creative problem solver.
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers.
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.