VP, Cloud Data Center Operations 202442
Technology & Operations – Cloud Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Cloud Operations team is responsible for production operations of mission critical Encompass Lending Platform, which is hosted on hybrid cloud environment (AWS and Private Cloud).
In this Role, you will:
- Lead a distributed Private & Public Cloud Operations team to achieve greater than 99.95% uptime. Through SLI, SLO, and Error budgets owning the strategy to maintain production environment with a high level of service availability. While decreasing MTTR and limiting customer impact.
- Establish a technology roadmap and vision for both Private and Public Cloud infrastructure at Ellie Mae. Helping develop long-term plans and set the direction for the Private and Public Cloud Ops infrastructure needs for the company.
- Drive Private Cloud (Data Center) consolidation and transition to Public Cloud while maintaining current SLAs and neutral budget impact.
- Ownership of SOC, SOX, FFIEC, and other Compliance and Audits. Both internal and external and ensure effective compliance testing as well as proper Governance and Policy adherence.
- Oversee Compute, Storage, Network, Cloud, Application, DR, Release Management, and Incident Management functions, regulatory compliance, contract administration, and policy and procedure enforcement. Responsible for driving strategy to improve overall operational efficiency.
- Define, design and implement comprehensive monitoring strategy with a focus on proactive incident notification and resolution.
- Continually improve the talent and skillset of the organization with a strong sense of accountability.
- Develop and manage to the approved Private and Public Cloud Ops CAPEX & OPEX budget.
- Owning the transition of Ellie Mae’s private infrastructure to Public Cloud based infrastructure leveraging guiding principles.
- Drive strategic vendor relationships with all key partners and supply chain vendors. Proven history of negotiations with large vendors such as AWS, NetApp, Cisco, ISPs, Tier 4 Data Centers, and so on.
- Perform regular operability reviews with respective Engineering and Product owners.
- Own customer interactions & escalations around Private and Public Cloud Operations activities and issues. Present strategic vision, road maps, and operational improvements to CIOs, CEOs, and CTOs of top financial institutions.
- Drive non-functional requirements with respective Engineering, Architecture and Product teams
- Accountable for ensuring quality of multiple production deployments and release management process.
- Accountable for driving Executive and Internal leadership communication for production related issues as well as RCA and remediation statues.
- Drive the vision of CI/CD and zero access/touch deployments by working with Engineering and Architecture leadership.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- 15+ years of direct public and private data center operations management
- Proven experience in managing mission critical production environments in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Strong leadership who has experience building high performance organization.
- Depth understanding of modern Site Reliability Engineering and Deployment process.
- Experience with Hybrid Cloud Environment (mainly AWS and Private Cloud).
- Experience in interacting with customers and understanding customer needs.
- Technically strong in understating mission critical systems.
- Executive presence and excellent communication skills.
- Experience in managing operations to in regulated environment (eg: Fintech, Banks)
- Must be able to demonstrate a sustained track record of 10+ years with production uptime of greater than 99.9%.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively and equally with technical people as well as Executives.
- Flexible work hours and ability to drive solutions 24x7.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.