QA Engineer II- 190475
El Segundo, CA
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strong QA Engineer with a solid background in Software Quality and Testing. As a member of the Quality Engineering team, you will be working with a fast-paced development team while collaborating with other developers, other QA Engineers, Product, UX, Management and customer support teams. You will have the opportunity to contribute and enhance our existing test framework and improve the overall Quality of our products. While working on these products you will be responsible for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, testing, documentation, deployment and owning Quality.
Why should you join our team?
· You are a fast learner who is motivated by working with different technologies.
· You take pride in code quality and automate everything possible.
· You are a team player and believe that as a team we achieve more.
· You are detail oriented and work closely with the team to identify and clarify product requirements
· You are a great communicator who is comfortable collaborating with other Developers, Business Analysists, Product Management, QA, DevOps.
· You push yourself and the team to deliver high quality code.
· You are determined to make your mark in the organization.
- Write and execute test plans, design and develop test tools, debug and report code bugs and push quality upstream.
- Responsible for analyzing use cases and test scenarios.
- Implement and maintain test automation and frameworks, performance testing tools, and other quality inspection tools
- Test APIs, user interfaces, web services, and web applications
- Translate existing manual regression test cases into automated tests.
- Debug and troubleshoot complex issues
- Analyze test automation results.
- 3+ years minimum experience
- Open and willing to join an agile, fast paced work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to explain, present, and showcase concepts and concerns to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be familiar with entire Software Development Life Cycle process
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Python or Perl.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming languages such as Java or C#.
- Experience with automated testing tools and technologies, such as Selenium
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated, able to learn and research issues independently
- Knowledge of modern best practices for professional software development including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant Engineering degree
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.