Data Engineer I-190390
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are looking for a Software Engineer 1 to join our Data Engineering team. This team is responsible for building the scalable resilient data platform used by various Ellie Mae data products. We build complex data pipelines and infrastructures which cater to analytics and data science use cases. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and post-production ownership.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop high quality data processing infrastructure and salable services that are capable of ingesting and transforming data at huge scale coming from many different sources on schedule.
- Turn ideas and concepts into carefully designed and well-authored quality code.
- Articulate the inter-dependencies and the impact of the design choices.
- Develop APIs to power data driven products and external APIs consumed by internal and external customers of data platform.
- Collaborate with QA, product management, engineering, UX to achieve well groomed, predictable results.
- Improve and develop new engineering processes & tools.
- Fluidly adapt to changes and new requirements.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years of building Enterprise Software Products.
- Experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as Java and/or Scala
- Proven ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Strong analytical thinking to tackle challenging engineering problems.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
- Experience with working in DevOps environment – “you build it, you run it”
- BS or MS in Computer Science
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Built high throughput real-time and batch data processing pipelines using Spark, Kafka, on AWS environment with AWS services like S3, Kinesis, Lamdba, RDS, DynamoDB and Redshift.
- Experience with a variety of data stores for unstructured and columnar data as well as traditional database systems, for example, MySQL, Postgres
- Experience with handling large data sets using technologies like HDFS, S3, Avro and Parquet
- Experience with Open Source products and components
- Knowledge of enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architectures
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.