Sr Engineer, DevOps- JR-190657
El Segundo, CA
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will actively interface with software developers, product managers, QA engineers and administrators on projects to design and develop the build, release, and deploy toolchain for DevOps while providing on-call support. You should be able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively,
The ideal candidates are fluent in systems programming and/or automation and can leverage their experience to solve complex problems associated with running production environments at massive scale in multi-tenant environments.
- Utilize automation to provision, configure and maintain the Performance Engineering lab
- Quickly master our tools and libraries for service development, infrastructure provisioning, CI/CD, and monitoring.
- Design and develop the build, release, and deploy toolchain for DevOps
- Setup, manage and maintain parity across dev, staging and production application environments in Public and Private cloud infrastructures
- Demonstrate a preference for automating repetitive tasks and validation tests.
- Provide release cadence across multiple environments
- Design and implement monitoring infrastructure
- Evaluate new tooling from the perspective of our internal users
- Employ deep knowledge of cloud application stack, performance and availability optimizations,
- and security and compliance practices.
- Work as an adviser and mentor to other areas of the organization on the tools and processes the team develops
- Learn new technologies and design/implement new solutions to automate application deployments, infrastructure build-outs, and monitoring improvements and new features, or fixing bugs.
- Define non-functional requirements as part of the product life cycle to influence the new designs, standards, and methods for scalable, highly available distributed systems
- Contribute to product development / engineering as needed to ensure Quality of Service of Highly Available services
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a DevOps engineer in fast paced environments
- Fluency with at least one current generation scripting language used by DevOps professionals (Python, Perl, Powershell, PHP, Ruby) + Java Development and/or .NET
- Experience supporting .NET code builds and deployments. Knowledge of TFS and experience migrating to GitHub would be a bonus.
- Excellent troubleshooter, utilizing a systematic problem-solving approach spanning code, systems, and network theory & protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP) ability to read a packet capture/tcpdump, etc.
- The ideal candidate would have experience operating on AWS (both PaaS and IaaS offerings) as well as private Data Center, and be familiar with both Windows (2k8R2+) and Linux (centos)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts, including Infrastructure as code utilizing tools like Terraform, CloudFormation and SaltStack
- Familiarity with Containerization concepts like Docker, and PaaS services on AWS.
- Experience with elastically scalable, fault tolerance and other cloud architecture patterns
- Familiarity with Configuration Management tools, such as Chef, Ansible, Puppet, DSC
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, analyzing, and diagnosing large-scale distributed systems + Windows Server and/or Linux systems internals (system libraries, file systems, client-server protocols)
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.