Sr. Engineer, Software UI- 190286
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and understanding of how to put Big Data and Cloud Computing into action?
Are you an expert in building scalable and responsive web applications for highly adaptive data visualization on complex data sets?
We Build Data Products:
We have a gold mine of over ten years and petabytes of historic data for the mortgage industry waiting to become insightful and innovative data products. Our engineering team focuses on the UI components and related frameworks utilized in our Data Connect products. These products help our customers make data driven decisions. With rapid growth in engineering, you will get to take on hard problems and increase your responsibilities while we scale the organization. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and post-production ownership.
Summary of Responsibilities
- You will architect and design UI components to present meaningful data for our customers consumption and use your expertise to build elegant user interfaces.
- Articulate the interdependencies and the impact of the design choices.
- You will work with Product Management, UX Design and Data Engineering leadership to innovate new product ideas and turn those ideas and concepts into carefully designed and well-authored quality code.
- Collaborate with your partners in engineering, cloud infrastructure, security and product management to understand requirements and develop data visualization, data analytics tools, web frameworks and architecture.
- Our team follows Agile methodology and works with two week sprints.
- Improve and develop new engineering processes & tools.
- You will explore groundbreaking technologies and techniques for data visualization and processing.
- Mentor junior engineers to own data analytics projects from end to end.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in designing and implementing highly available and scalable web applications and big data systems.
- 2+ years experience with modern UI Frameworks, such as React and Angular
- Experience with Node.js or Java
- Expert knowledge of ES6, HTML5 and CSS3
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Proven ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Strong analytical thinking to tackle challenging engineering problems.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Open Source products and components, including public contribution
- Experience with working in DevOps environment – “you build it, you run it”
- Experience with a variety of data stores for unstructured and columnar data as well as traditional database systems, for example, Redshift, MySQL, Postgres
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.