Associate Product Manager 201919
Pleasanton, CA /
Product Management – Product Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Encompass Consumer Connect is a consumer facing online loan origination platform. It offers our clients a fully flexible platform to build a web presence to attract interest, convert that interest into submitted loan applications, and close those loans to get people into the home of their dreams. We are looking for a motivated team member to help transform the loan process for millions of consumers.
At Ellie Mae, Associate Product Manager plays a critical role in realizing the product vision. The ideal candidate is customer focused, self-starter, independent, enthusiastic, strong team player and business outcome oriented.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Leads and manages requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, developers, UX designers, QA analysts and internal/external customers.
- Elicits, captures, analyzes, refines, articulates and documents business requirements, epics, user stories, acceptance criteria and software documentation via approved processes.
- Ensures that requirements meet business objectives while balancing compliance, security, technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Ensures that business objectives and requirements are fully understood by the technical and UX teams before solutions are designed and implemented.
- Participates in Agile cadence such as Scrum standup meetings, backlog grooming sessions, review and retrospective meetings to ensure successful execution.
- Synthesizes complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language.
- Drives and assists with product backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Collaborates closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, Engineers, Quality Assurance Engineers, Product Marketing and other internal stakeholders.
- Support Sales, Client Management and Technical Support with escalations.
- Assist Technical Publications with the generation of client support documents
- Occasional travel for training, meetings or trade shows may be required.
Skills and Experiences
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle and Agile development processes. Preference for extensive agile experience
- Proven experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, design documentation, process flows and wireframes in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements.
- Strong business requirement analytical skills with the ability to produce clearly articulated requirements and documents.
- Strong understanding of iterative software development.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills required to interact with staff, colleagues, management and internal/external customers.
- Attention to details to include ability to follow written and verbal directions and error free written communication
- Manage multiple projects and priorities, tasks and coordinate various channels of communication at the same time
- Flexible and able to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Consumer product experience is required and Mortgage Experience is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required, Master’s Degree desirable
- 2+ years of relevant software industry experience required
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.