Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Lead team or several teams of QA Engineers and QA Analysts.
- Recruit and retain talent, promote company values and culture.
- Coach staff towards career goals, assign tasks, and monitor performance.
- Work closely together with Project/Product Managers, Architects and Dev. This includes participating in project planning, grooming, scrum meetings and demos.
- Work closely with other teams to identify and mitigate risks and dependencies.
- Work closely with Operations/SRE/Technical Support on issue escalations.
- Develop test plans, and test schedule based on project's needs
- Review test results and evaluate product functionality for conformance with requirements/specifications
- Provide thought leadership on test data generation and test environment management.
- Define automation approach, develop reusable libraries, drive team to higher automation test coverage
- Ensure high quality test automation code via design reviews and code reviews.
- Engage hands-on in technical design discussions and advise/unblock engineers when they hit roadblocks.
- Deliver projects on time and with quality.
- You will participate in cross-functional projects from conception through deployment
- You will manage onsite as well as remote team member
- A person interested in this job should be technically savvy, communicate effectively and have a strong curiosity for emerging technologies
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or related degree. MS degree is a plus.
- 4+ years of management experience with 10+ years of overall engineering experience
- Excellent leadership skills working with and resolving people related issues, as well as technical challenges.
- Solid understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge and experience testing enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# and Java
- Hands-on experience in QTP/UFT and Selenium+TestNG automation frameworks
- Experienced with relational and NoSQL databases such as MSSQL, Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Solid background working with REST and SOAP web services
- Strong project management experience with complex projects
- Excellent communication skills and close attention to details
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with enterprise software company and platform technology
- Experience with performance testing and monitoring
- Experience with offshore development/QA
- Experience working in fintech industry
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.