Tech Lead - QA
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Our QA Tech Lead role is focused with 60% hands-on duties and 40% of leading tasks. We are looking for a person who is keen on automation and would be ready to lead a team of QA engineers for their best.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Develop complex data driven, manage automation scripts and framework to support code drops in various environments backing development, test and build deployment teams
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test scripts
- Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution
- Collaborates with the Automation Staff Engineer and other team members to continuously refactor and improve automation framework for reusability and speed.
- Train and mentor the manual test team to execute and update automated regression suites
- Works closely with Developers, QA and other project team members to analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected results
- Is proactive in following up with developers on open defects
- Familiar with using source control software, bug reporting software and Virtual Machines
- May require overtime or off-peak hours to meet commitments
Required Skills & Experience
- 6+ years’ experience working as a dedicated Test Automation Engineer
- 4+ years’ uninterrupted experience developing automation code in Selenium with Java, TestNG for web based application.
- 4+ years supporting cross browsers, mobile and tablet testing
- 2+ hands on experience with TFS and GitHub tools
- 2+ year of experience testing with application using AngularJS & React, knowledge of Protractor, SOAP, REST web services testing.
- 2+ year of experience working as a developer coding with a focus on workflow or framework.
- Must have experience with Amazon AWS (Lambda, Kinesis, Kibana, Splunk, DynamoDB etc).
- Familiar with CI/CD process, Configure Jenkins Jobs
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside parties in a professional manner.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with enterprise software company and platform technology
- Experience with performance testing and monitoring
- Experience with offshore development/QA
- Experience working in fintech industry
- no trial period - employment for an indefinite period from day 1 (contract of employment or B2B)
- up to 8 additional days off (American holidays)
- relocation package (if needed)
- medical and dental care
- sports card
- co-financing of a home office
- 2 weeks of "covid leave" - 100% paid extra days off in case of health / personal problems with you or your family
- recommendation system
- clear career path in Polish and global structures with full support of your personal development
- friendly, non-corporate organizational culture - it will be fun working with us!
- budget: 17000-25000 PLN Gross
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.