VP, Corporate Controller 190273
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Reporting to the CFO, the VP Corporate Controller will be responsible for leading the accounting and tax teams, preparing financial reports in compliance with US GAAP and our debt agreements, and leading financial due diligence on potential acquisitions.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure financial reports are prepared timely and in accordance with US GAAP and debt agreements.
- Manage of all accounting functions including billing and collections, revenue recognition, payroll, accounts payable, general ledger, and tax teams.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal control over financial reporting
- Lead and develop the accounting team to support the company’s ongoing requirements. Instill a culture of continuous improvement.
- Develop and leverage financial systems to support productivity improvements and evolving business needs.
- Work closely with the VP Finance to ensure alignment between budget and actual results and support automated, timely, insightful management reporting.
- Oversee commercial banking relationships and daily cash management
- Manage the overall relationship with our external auditors and coordinate the planning and execution of annual audit.
- Manage financial confirmatory due diligence and quality of earnings reviews of potential acquisitions. Lead the valuation and accounting for acquired entities (business combinations). Lead the accounting integration of acquired businesses.
- Manage tax compliance and planning
- Candidate ProfileBusiness Acumen
- Quickly grasp key business drivers in an industry and organization
- Adapts well but maintains a strong analytic orientation
- Can solve complex problems using whatever data is available. Uses experience and wisdom to come to the best conclusion and solution given the situation and available information.
- Executing for Results
- Strong execution orientation with experience managing large scale complex projects
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to haves
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line. Not afraid to initiate action before having perfect data.
- Drives projects that are started to closure. Willing to roll-up their sleeves to help the team.
- Leading Teams
- Sets a high standard for quality, teamwork, results, and customer service.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the points of view and needs of all of the business functions.
- Negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause and communicates a compelling vision. Is committed to what needs to be done.
- Builds a culture of innovation and will keep the team focused on the most important metrics.
- Inspires other, builds motivated, high-performing teams and understands what motivates different people.
- Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Builds and sustains cross-functional relationships at multiple levels in the workplace.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to “get things done” while remaining diplomatic and collaborative
- Fearlessly addresses all issues and challenges. Is comfortable constructively working through conflict.
Basic Skills & Qualifications
- Qualifications:15+ years of professional experience including at least 10 years in leadership roles
- Certified Public Accountant with at least six years of audit experience at a Big 4 accounting firm
- Demonstrated expertise in software revenue recognition and experience applying ASC 606.
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics
- Desired experiences:Prior experience leading an accounting team at a publicly traded company
- Experience working for a private equity backed business
- Systems – Successfully led a systems implementation project, emphasis on the order to cash and revenue processes an additional plus
- M&A – Has led or participated in at least one due diligence, business combination accounting and one accounting integration for an acquired business
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.