Sr. Engineer, Software- 190411
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving our leading mortgage software solutions to the next level.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications.
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Use modern programming languages/technologies and apply industry standard software development best practices.
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (eg. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale, multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# or Java
- Solid knowledge of high-scale, multi-tenant Web service development, including REST/JSON and MicroService patterns
- Solid experience in Java platform framework and technologies (Spring, Springboot, etc)
- Knowledge and experience in service oriented architectures (SOA)
- Proficient in database concepts and working experience with SQL Server
- Proficient in database design, performance analysis and tuning
- Experience in NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB, PostgresSQL
- Proficient in performance analysis and tuning
- Experience with working in DevOps environment – “You build it, You run it”
- Experience in development and deployment with Amazon Web Services
- Able to lead teams, run Scrum planning meetings and facilitate accurate estimation of tasks
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on time
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Preferred experience with Message Queuing Services
- Experience with Identity and Access Management, Document Management, or other enabling enterprise technology components
- Experience with Open Source products and components, including public contribution
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.