Software Engineer II
Customer Success – Technical Support /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
- Write well designed, testable, tight, efficient, high quality code base by using industry standard software development practices using C#/Java/PHP
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the customer, partner, and internal business
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML5/CSS practices.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test web applications and tools with high quality and on schedule. Build and release updates to the web applications
- Analyze, program, and modify software enhancement requests
- Document and train other members of the Business Services Operations organization in the implementation and exploitation of the newly developed methodologies and tools
- Recognize urgency from a business-impact level and act accordingly
- Maintain and promote consistent behaviors and delivery across the team
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 3+ Years’ experience developing enterprise software
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# or Java
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Solid experience in design and development with emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, .NET, Python, C#, REST, JSON, XML, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
- Solid expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications programming languages such as HTML5, Angular JS, CSS. Solid experience in .NET technologies (Windows Forms, WCF, WebAPI, MVC)
- Strong grasp of security principles and how they apply to web applications
- Experience with database concepts and databases such as SQL Server
- Demonstrated expertise in Windows or Linux/Unix environments
- Understanding of HTTP/S and Web-based application architecture
- Experience in Salesforce Apex, VisualForce
- Must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- MS or higher education in Computer Science preferred or equivalent professional experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.