Sr. Engineer, Cloud Platform-190450
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking an experienced Full Stack Engineer with AWS expertise to join our Observability team. The Observability team owns the strategy and implementation of an efficient datastore for logs, metrics, and application traces, supporting the three pillars of observability. The team builds and maintains solutions that make getting insights from this data turnkey and efficient, such as our APM (Application Performance Monitoring), Infrastructure Monitoring, and Logging solutions.
- Developing new tooling and enhancing existing tools (Home grown, Open sourced, Licensed) to tune and tweak to meet Ellie Mae requirements.
- Develop adapters to plug into existing telemetry framework for efficient log and metric discipline.
- Work closely with our cloud architects, Site Reliability Engineering teams to design and build software components for the Observability platform.
- Produce working code in an agile method with clear documentation for consumption by developers.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in designing, deploying and operating cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Proficient in Elastic.Co stack. (Elasticsearch, Logstash, *Beats, Kibana)
- 4+ years experience of Java/Python/Node/Go development or equivalent experience
- Experience with CI/CD and build tools like Jenkins, Terraform and Cloud Formation
Extra Credit if you have:
- Experience working with Docker Containers
- Experience with productizing an idea/application
- Experience on-boarding new products and partners to adopt to new technologies and tools.
- Open-Minded, out of the box thinker.
- Experience with Windows Systems, .NET platform
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.