Product Manager 20000726S
Provo, UT /
Product Management – Product Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
This position will work closely with the lead product manager, stakeholders, and customers to gather business and product requirements and translate them into process flows, user stories, wireframes, and the other assets needed by development to build solutions that will delight our customers. Product managers at Simplifile are respected leaders that have a blend of technical, marketing, business, and people skills.
- Actively work with team to manage the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Contribute to the vision of the team by conducting market and industry research
- Provide thorough analysis and recommend course of action for specific customer requests
- Assist in building a roadmap of incremental improvements that drives toward the agreed upon vision
- Create detailed documentation to define feature requirements and maintain product quality
- Work with the development team in managing backlog priorities to align to overall vision, help remove roadblocks, and manage scope to get features out on time
- Participate in product focused release testing to support the highest quality user experience
- Provide transparency to all by helping publish release updates
- Evaluate market competition by reviewing the product capabilities of our competitors
- Develop innovative ideas to drive new customer growth and retain existing customers
Knowledge and Experience
- 4+ years of enterprise software application product management experience
- A proven track-record of gathering requirements, writing user stories, and producing wireframes and other artifacts to communicate the vision for your product to customers, stakeholders, and developers
- Experience with an agile software development life cycle methodology
- Knowledge of software product management concepts
- Mortgage industry experience a strong plus
- System integration experience a strong plus
- UI/UX experience a plus
- Interviewing skills: to talk with individuals and groups about their needs and ask the right questions to identify essential requirements information
- Listening skills: to understand what people say, to detect what they might be hesitant to say, and to picture the real needs behind their requests
- Analytical skills: to research, summarize, and prioritize customer business requirements with customers and integration partners
- Writing skills: to communicate information effectively to customers, marketing, support, sales, and management
- Organizational skills: to work with the vast array of information gathered about the requirements of our industry, partners, and clients
- Interpersonal skills: to help negotiate priorities and resolve conflicts among project stakeholders such as sales, support, customers, product management, and development
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.