Sr. Platform Software Engineer- 190713
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Our Platform Engineering team is seeking a strong Senior Software Engineer with proven background in product development. You will be working in a dynamic development team while collaborating with other developers, management and customer support teams. You will have an opportunity to participate in designing and developing both existing products and building brand new products from scratch. All our products are deployed in public (AWS) and/or private cloud environments. While working on these projects you will hold responsibility for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production, and post-production ownership.
Why should you join our team?
A Go-getter who does not fear working on any technology.
You breathe APIs and Services and have worked on building micro services in the past.
You take pride in code quality and automate everything possible.
A great teammate and believe that as a team we achieve more.
Detail oriented and strive hard to clarify requirements before coding.
A phenomenal communicator and do not fear collaborating with cross-team developers, Business Analysts, Product Management, QA, DevOps.
A believer in delivering good quality code.
Determined to make your mark in the organization.
- Design and build scalable AWS micro-services and applications and optimize code for optimal performance
- Help with architecture, design and implementation of next generation collaboration platform
- Enhance the Collaboration platform from conception to delivery by working with Product Mangers, Business Analysts and Architecture team
- Provide technical leadership for Platform Services team. Create technical specifications for new API’s, executing from start to finish and owning the quality of the service in production.
- Maintain and extend our AWS environment, including our core .NET codebase and MongoDB backends and write meaningful REST API’s that are both scalable and performance focused
- Maintain developer documentation for the new API’s that will inspire adoption among our consumers.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 5+ years direct experience with modern web stacks, design, development and deployment of high volume web applications and APIs.
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Strong experience in design and development with languages such as Java/Node.js
- Experience in building high scale, multi-tenant Web services, including RESTful APIs and microservices
- Working Knowledge of both relational and/or NoSQL databases such as MySQL and DynamoDB
- Good understanding of Monitoring Products/Tools (such as AppD, signalfx and/or Kibana).
- Experienced with working in DevOps environment – “you build it, you run it”
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working, high quality solutions on time
- Be focused, passionate and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems.
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills.
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- Experience with AWS SNS, Twilio APIs, web sockets, collaboration platform, continuous delivery, and real-time monitoring
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.