Sr. Implementation Specialist 201722
Field - US /
Professional Services – Global Customer Service /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Consultant primary role is to support the core project team and customers either during implementation or for follow up work as required and driven by the project life cycle. They are directly responsible for supporting the customer, project team, and Delivery Manager. She/He will acquire requirements from Customers providing solutions or directly configuring system to the customers’ needs. This role is meant for someone who has broad industry and Ellie Mae™ product knowledge combined with advanced communication skills.
- Drive the best practice implementation cycle for the new Ellie Mae clients.
- Maintain a level of expertise on the mortgage industry and the Ellie Mae product suite.
- Maintain a level of expertise on the Professional Services tools used daily to complete the job.
- Must possess great communicate skills which are used internally and externally to effectively coordinate the tasks performed during professional services projects.
- Facilitate relationships across various teams, partners, and/or departments to strengthen partnership with customers
- Develops and delivers, by written and oral communications, information which is clear, salient, and audience appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively
- Manages Ambiguity: Demonstrates an ability to remain productive and function effectively in the role when situations are uncertain, unclear, or where situational information is not complete. Adaptable; Flexible; Resilient.
- Comprehends problems, urgency, and desired outcome in the absence of perfect information; shares information and ideas with others; conscientious listener
- Manages Complexity: Obtains relevant diagnostic information and apply to issue analysis and resolution efforts. Possesses the capability, capacity, and patience to collect and consider complex, large quantities, and/or potentially contradictory information in the process of triage, problem analysis, and resolution. Critical thinking; Problem solving.
- Proven ability to develop and cultivate lasting customer relationships with a diverse set of internal and external constituencies including senior level executives, legal, technical, finance, support, sales, and marketing experts
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- 7-8 years minimum mortgage banking or banking experience with extensive exposure to all aspects of the industry.
- Bachelor of Arts or Business Management Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Certifications and Experience (Degree strongly preferred)
- Experience implementing enterprise software solutions for the mortgage industry strongly desired
- Must have excellent client interaction skills
- Self-management: Ability to manage and prioritize own workload effectively. Be able to follow through and complete the work to client satisfaction (required)
- Ability to work efficiently and independently
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints, handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Initiative and strong sense of ownership
- 6+ years Encompass Product Experience
- Ability to interpret scripting languages such as VB
- Maintain composure and professionalism under high-pressure conditions; open-minded; solicits feedback
- Bias for action; willingness to affect positive change; adaptable and committed to the success of our customers
- Act with integrity; demonstrate adaptability; execute consistently against job responsibilities
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Windows 10, MS Office)
- Strong project management skills, including status reporting, project documentation, issue resolution, time management, and communication with all project team members. (required)
- Must be able to travel within the US up to 75% of the time (required)
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.