Custom Development Engineer 201933
U.S.A. Remote /
Professional Services – Professional Services /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
As part of the Professional Services development team, this Senior Software Developer position designs and scopes strategic client customization and partner integration projects. The scope includes full stack design and development C#, Sql Server based window application and migration to NextGen application using the latest tech stack such as Angular2, TypeScript, HTML5, Node.js.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Analyze, design, develop software applications with high quality on schedule and achieve high internal/external customer satisfaction.
- Build prototypes and proof-of-concepts for strategic partner integrations.
- Use state-of-the-art technologies and best practices to design and deliver.
- Mentor developers and handle escalations.
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the Professional Services development team (e.g. Platform Partner Community and Product Development) to achieve high quality, predictable results.
- Support Developers Community for design/coding best practices and Q&A.
- Interface with customers for demonstrations and troubleshooting when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Education
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development
- BA/BS or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# or Java
- Full stack development capability using Angular JS (Angular2 preferred) using TypeScript, Node.js and HTML5, Python
- Solid knowledge of high-scale, multi-tenant Web service development, including REST/JSON, AngularJS, and MicroService patterns
- Solid experience in Java Platform frameworks.
- Experienced with database concepts and databases such as SQL, Oracle, or NoSQL databases
- Strong T-SQL design and programming skills
- Able to lead technical discussion, demos, and facilitate accurate estimation of tasks
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and deliver working solutions on time
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with .Net or Amazon AWS technology preferred but not a must.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.