Account Manager, Partner Development 201932
Field, Southern California /
G&A – Business Development /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Account Manager, Business Development interfaces with prospective and current Ellie Mae partners in a consultative and supportive capacity, working to ensure partners are adhering to the terms of the partner programs, following published Ellie Mae guidelines, and providing assistance for partners to get access to necessary tools and resources. The Account Manager, Business Development is a critical interface across a complex set of internal departments, including sales, technical support, finance/accounting, product management, and within the partner community as he/she works to ensure we exceed customer expectations & revenue targets and improve Ellie Mae’s market position.
This candidate will be responsible for pursuing qualified partner leads, providing day-to-day relationship management, meeting services revenue targets, monitoring customer satisfaction ratings, and collaborating with cross functional groups on new & existing initiatives. This individual should possess a breadth of experience and knowledge which spans the mortgage industry, technology platforms, and partner management. This person must weigh impacts and negotiate positions across a complex, multi-dimensional set of variables to ensure partners help improve the relative competitive position of Ellie Mae.
The abilities to effectively communicate business value to business executives and rally internal support for consulting partner programs, coupled with the capacity to understand partner requirements, are required.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Pursue and maintain day-to-day relationships with partners
- Responsible for contract negotiation directly with their partner segment
- Be able to plan for and support research related to partner related activities
- Evangelize the Ellie Mae partner programs both internally and externally
- Collaborate on the creation of and execute on the dissemination of Ellie Mae Best Practices, product guidelines, release notes, and other relevant information for consulting partners
- Support the process to review and vet partners’ solutions in market (both configuration and development)
- Collaborate with Ellie Mae cross functional teams on new programs and products that impact consulting and development partners, e.g., API/Design partner program
- Provide sales support for positioning partner capabilities and assist in qualifying partner (subcontract & referral) engagement opportunities
- Report on partner revenue, expenses, and other defined metrics
- Maintain account & opportunities records in salesforce.com and partner-related documentation
- Develop and support new partner resources and tools in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Sell partners on the value of Ellie Mae Experience
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in sales, partner management or account manager. Candidate with technology company or sales organization experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in the use and configuration of Encompass or similar products plus equivalent industry expertise with Loan Origination and Mortgage Banking
- Bachelor of Arts or Business Management Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Certifications and Experience (Degree strongly preferred)
- Must have excellent customer interaction skills (both written and verbal)
- Must have organizational and prioritization skills, with the ability to balance multiple issues and projects in a fast paced environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other software;
- A high degree of discretion, judgment, tact and poise;
- Good analytic skills
- Keen attention to detail
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.