Revenue Manager- Contract- 190315
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The company is seeking a Manager of Revenue Accounting who will support the revenue accounting organization in performing insightful and impactful revenue analyses. Their responsibilities include working directly as a finance business partner with Sales and Operations on deal structure, defining revenue recognition framework, analyzing pricing for SSP for all products, service and support, preparing all revenue processing and transaction/analyses. Role will also interface with the external auditors on any revenue recognition issues specific to customer accounts and/or analyses performed/reviewed as necessary. The successful candidate will be a strong communicator, a versatile business partner with strong business acumen, coupled with exceptional technical strength that can provide proactive guidance and leadership on deal structuring and project management.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Collaborate with sales organization, order management team, corporate legal team to ensure that all revenue transactions are booked in accordance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy. Participate in discussions, review draft contracts, and provide recommendations for recognition in accordance with relevant accounting literature and company’s revenue recognition policy.
- Review new products with product management team to establish revenue accounting and implement procedures to process orders.
- Support in the implementation of new order to cash billing and accounting system
- Evaluate revenue recognition treatment by preparing a revenue recognition checklist for each contract or amendment.
- Publish accounting memos as necessary to document the Company’s accounting positions.
- Work actively with external auditors to ensure that revenue recognition interpretations are consistent and compliant with GAAP.
- Responsible for the monthly close activities on revenue accounting to ensure proper accrual or deferral of revenue as appropriate.
- Maintain and update internal Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for revenue recognition and participate in SOX testing as needed.
- Create detailed revenue reports as needed for senior management.
- Assess current processes and control environment and suggest improvements in conjunction with the implementation.
- Provide revenue recognition guidance & training to various teams in the company during the year.
- Provide acquisition support for revenue related areas including due diligence and integration.
- Assist with all revenue related areas of SEC reporting.
- Partner with FP&A in forecasting revenue as needed.
Basic skills and qualifications
- Strong technical revenue recognition experience is required (writing technical memos, reading contracts, revenue assessment of contracts, etc). Knowledge of software revenue recognition is a plus.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related major preferred.
- Minimum 7 years progressive experience with at least 3 years in public accounting preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Strong analytical, business partnering, and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented. Strong attention to detail.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.