Sr. Staff Engineer
Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Software Engineering job family analyzes, designs, develops, and tests software applications for features, modules, software enhancements and new products, using specifications and prototypes based on competitive market, customer requirements, business functionality and identifies tools, processes and technologies for problem resolution.
- Write well designed, testable, tight, efficient, high quality code base by using industry standard software development practices using C#/Java/PHP
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites
- Obtain a thorough understanding of the customer, partner, and internal business
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML5/CSS practices.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test web applications and tools with high quality and on schedule. Build and release updates to the web applications
- Analyze, program, and modify software enhancement requests
- Document and train other members of the Business Services Operations organization in the implementation and exploitation of the newly developed methodologies and tools
- Recognize urgency from a business-impact level and act accordingly
- Maintain and promote consistent behaviors and delivery across the team
- Independently able to analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems. Develop technical specifications.
- Turns ideas and concepts into carefully designed and well-authored code.
- Articulates the inter-dependencies and the impact of the design choices.
- Easily able to Adapt/enhance existing and develop new engineering processes & tools.
- Leads team code review and code management and develops /improves code management procedures.
- Goes beyond team boundaries and able to influence groups in and out of development team (e.g. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable
- 1 Year experience developing software
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with languages such as C# or Java
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.