Corporate Development Manager 190892
G&A – Corporate Business Development
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Corporate Development Manager will support the identification, evaluation and execution of Ellie Mae’s investment and acquisition transactions. This role is a direct report to the SVP of Corporate Development. Throughout the lifecycle of a transaction, he or she will also work closely with senior leadership and functional leads across our company. The corporate development team is responsible for driving the company’s growth strategy through the execution and integration of compelling acquisition and investment opportunities in our core, adjacent and potentially new market sectors.
- Support the end-to-end transaction process from idea to business case to deal execution and integration.
- Identify and qualify new ideas and potential targets for Ellie Mae from internal and external sources.
- Coordinate a cross-functional deal team within Ellie Mae and serve as a point of contact to target company management and advisors.
- Perform extensive financial modeling and valuation analyses.
- Prepare presentations which will be reviewed with the M&A Committee on a regular basis.
- Assist in refining playbooks that incorporate prior experience and industry best practices across all key work streams.
Professional Experience / Skills Required
- Education: Undergraduate degree from a top-rated university.
- Experience: 2-4 years in corporate development, private equity, venture capital, investment banking or similar level of experience and skills; experience with the technology sector / SaaS preferred.
- Finance / analytical skills: Fluency in creating detailed, operationally focused financial models and performing rigorous valuation analyses; strong accounting skills and understanding of key operational metrics.
- Critical thinking skills: Ability to distill target diligence findings into key value drivers; identify and assess key issues and model / value opportunities and risks.
- Project management and team-oriented leadership skills: Mature personality and experience working with senior leadership; ability to build relationships quickly and foster trust at all organizational levels.
- Communication skills: Strong writing skills and exceptional communicator with the ability to craft clear, succinct presentations for top level company executives.
- Strong attention to detail, pro-active, highly accountable with demonstrated ability to work independently and follow through.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.