Engineer I, Software-190217
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strong Software Engineer with a solid background in Software Development. As a member of the Engineering team, you will be working in a fast-paced development team while collaborating with other developers, QA, product, UX, management and customer support teams. You will have the opportunity to participate in designing and developing both existing products and new products. While working on these products you will be responsible for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production and overall ownership of your code.
Why should you join our team?
You are a fast learner who is motivated by working with different technologies
You take pride in the quality of your work and are focused on delivering results
You are a team player who values integrity and collaboration
You are detail oriented and push yourself to deliver high quality code
You are a great communicator who is comfortable collaborating with other Developers, Product Management, QA, UX, DevOps
You are a team player and believe that as a team we achieve more
You are looking to contribute production quality code in a fast paced high tech company
You are determined to launch your Engineering career in a company that is leading and transforming the industry
Summary of Responsibilities
- Designing and implementing production code optimized for the best customer experience possible
- Working closely with the team to deliver results
- Taking ownership of the quality of your code from coding all the way to production
- Maintaining and extending our services, focused on delivering results
- Maintaining developer documentation for the new API’s to encourage adoption and best practices
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming using Java, C#, .NET or similar
- Experience with data structures, core Computer Science principles and hands-on software development
- Experience designing and implementing API’s and SDKs
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience with .NET technologies
- Experience with SQL, Mongo or other databases
- Knowledge of platform and application layer development processes in an SOA environment
- Knowledge and understanding of scrum/agile development methodologies
- Familiarity with AngularJS or React is a plus
- Strong communication and written skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.