Sr. Manager Production Data Services- 202430
Field - CA Southern /
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae has an opportunity for a highly experience and motivated Database Engineering and Operations Leader to provide technical, tactical and strategic guidance to the team responsible for the design, rollout and uptime of our enterprise data systems. In this role you will be responsible for Operational oversight for a global 24x7 oncall Database Team. You will also drive all aspects of the Operations Databases technologies, team and direction. You will be part of the wider Systems Engineering and Archtiectural initiatives as we design for our future solutions to fulfill EllieMae’s offerings as we grow.
- Own Database Engineering and Operations within the Production Data Services team.
- Define the measures of database availability, security and performance.
- Lead the 24x7 team on production incidents for engagement, restoration of service, root cause analysis, improvement and corrective items post incidents to full resolution.
- Co-ordiante with teams for release and change planning on the lifecycle of product and operational needs for database infrastructure.
- Gather, review, forecast and budget Infrastructural metrics to determine scaling needs.
- Drive creativity in database design and architecture to meet customer needs.
- Capture and present proposals using a narrative format.
- Partner with Engineering teams soliciting directional input for operational needs.
- Present yearly and quarterly delivery roadmaps.
- Plan, own and execute large scale db migrations from private to public cloud.
- Drive SOPs, CI/CD, Automation and Hands off delivery within the team.
- Partner with product teams to align resources for feature delivery on EllieMae solutions.
- Participate in on-call rotations in order to troubleshoot and resolve service-impacting issues.
- Own all aspects of change and release planning, deployment and validation.
- At least 3 years experience managing teams of 4 or more DBAs.
- At least 3 years experience in a SaaS environment.
- At least ten years of experience designing and database architecture at enterprise scale.
- At least five years experience leading database teams in an operational environment.
- At 7 years experience as a database administrator or engineer.
- At least 7 years experience in Linux / Windows and SQL Server / Linux based db deployments.
- At least 5 years experience with RDBMS’s and NoSQL on Linux / Windows.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Deep understanding and experience in an enterprise RDBMS (SQL Server, Oracle or HANA).
- Deep Understanding and experience in NoSQL databases (Mongo / Cassandra / Couchbase).
- Deep understanding and experience in Caching technologies (Redis / Memcached).
- Deep expertise on Linux and Windows OS fundamentals and management.
- Deep expertise in Shell Scripting on Linux (Bash / Python / Perl).
- Experience deploying and scaling web services on IaaS platforms with Db backends.
- Agile, Version Control, CI/CD, self healing systems are all within your domain of expertise.
- Self-starter who can take ownership of technical issues and follow-through.
- Preferred db technology stack is Postgres on Linux, SQL Server on Windows and Linux, Mongo.
- Deep proficiency in analytical and performance troubleshooting across data technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in software development methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Test Driven Development.
- String collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of relational database technologies running on Windows and Linux based environments. (SQL Server / Postgres).
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Mongo / Couchbase / AWS offerings.
- Proficient in applying database capabilities to solving application and business problems.
- Proficient in writing excellent documents for maximum readability and messaging.
- Public cloud hosting experience is a plus (AWS / Azure / GCP ).
- Results focused with customer experience as a key driver.
- Understanding of OO programming (Java / C# / .Net )
- Understanding of real time, streaming, near real time and offline technologies.
- Understanding of messaging systems.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.