Sr. Developer, Salesforce - 190908
Technology & Operations – IT
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is undergoing a massive Reengineering of its Opportunity to Cash business process and all supporting IT architecture and landscape. At the same time, Ellie Mae will be pursuing to increase it market share and revenue through pricing changes and acquisitions which means not only will we be[SB1] building new systems and processes for the future, we will be enhancing and building our existing platforms in the short term to handle these additional exciting changes.
Ellie Mae is seeking a Senior Salesforce Developer to join our IT Applications team in Pleasanton California to support the current and future Salesforce platform. This is a critical role supporting the Salesforce application. Our current Salesforce landscape includes SalesCloud, ServiceCloud and Salesforce CPQ along with a myriad of add on applications. This role is responsible for designing and developing current and new system functionality throughout the Opportunity to Cash lifecycle. This role reports to the Delivery Manager, Front Office, IT Applications based in Pleasanton, CA
In this role, you will work closely with the Business Analysts to design, develop, implement and support existing and new business process and system functionality and will be expected to develop code, analyze problems, provide RCA, participate in detailed design discussions with the various teams for new initiatives, issue resolution, and long-term planning. You will also support configurations and code based on best practices. Previous hands-on experience in all functional areas will be crucial to success in this role.
It's an excellent time to join the Ellie Mae Applications team. The Applications and Business teams are about to start a multiyear and multimillion-dollar initiative reengineering all back and front office business processes. We are excited about the next phase of the project where we will implement new business and systems functionality while continuing to improve business processes driving towards our corporate goals.
- Collaborate with the IT Applications team to develop code to support changes/enhancements in Salesforce
- Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of the system development life cycle
- Perform production support activities for Salesforce
- Develop technical designs based on the functional requirements
- Maintain and develop custom programs, reports, forms and workflows
- Perform data conversion and provide data validation support during data conversion
- Support users & Business Analysts to troubleshoot application issues and develop creative solutions to support business needs
- Minimum 8 years in a Salesforce development role; including Apex and Visualforce development
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce Objects and Data Model[LN1] [EF2]
- Demonstrated competency in Object-oriented programming
- Ability to migrate Salesforce classic features to Lightning experience, including converting Visualforce pages to lightning components and / or using Lightning Design System with Visualforce pages.
- A thorough understanding of Salesforce Deployment Process and tools like SFDX, ANT and Force.com IDE.
- Experience with building and maintaining Custom Objects, and integrating Salesforce with external systems
- Knowledge of Product Development Lifecycle and DevOps Tools like Metadata API, GIT, Ant, JIRA etc.
- Proficient in Salesforce administrative tasks like creating Profiles, Roles, Users, Page Layouts, Lighting Record Pages, Email alerts, Approvals, Workflows, Reports, Dashboards, Tasks, and Events[SB4]
- Experience in CRM Business processes like Forecasting, Campaign Management, Lead Management, Pipeline Management, Order Management, Account Management, Case Management, Quote Management, Contract Management.
- Experience in designing Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Workflows, Flows, Process Builder and Approval Processes for automated alerts, field updates, and Email generation according to application requirements.[SB5]
- Experience working across various Salesforce implementation covering Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, and App-exchange applications.
- Meticulous attention to detail, superb organization skills, and a strong sense of ownership.
- Must be able to communicate well both verbally and in writing (including documentation).
- Must have excellent project management skills and be able to juggle multiple tasks, assignments being aware of workload and able to set own priorities to meet deadlines.
- Experience working in both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems or equivalent IT experience
- Certified Salesforce Administrator (ADM 201)
- Certified Salesforce Developer (DEV 401)
The ideal candidate will possess
- Proven experience in SalesForce development
- Experience working in a Fast Pace environment
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.