Sr. Engineer, QA
Technology & Operations – Quality Assurance /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Develop complex data driven automation scripts and framework to support code drops in
- various environments.
- Executes, updates and maintains existing test automation frameworks, solutions and test
- Plans, builds and designs new automation to support new builds and release of the code.
- Produces clear and meaningful automated reports to provide test results for each execution.
- Collaborates with the Automation Staff Engineer and other team members to continuously
- refactor and improve automation framework for reusability and speed.
- Train and mentor the manual test team to execute and update automated regression suites.
- Works closely with QA Analysts and other project team members to automate, execute,
- analyze test results, locate problems, identify root causes and develop solutions.
- Documents clear and detailed defect reports including steps to reproduce actual and expected
- Responsible for staying up to date on latest environment changes.
- Work primarily under the direction of Sr QA Manager and/or Staff Engineer.
- May require overtime or off-peak hours to meet commitments.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Computer Science Degree or equivalent from a fully-accredited college or university.
- 4+ years’ experience working as a dedicated Test Automation Engineer
- 3+ years’ uninterrupted experience developing automation code in Selenium with Java or UFT.
- 2+ years supporting cross browsers, mobile and tablet testing
- 2+ year of experience testing with application using AngularJS, knowledge of Protractor,
- SOAP, REST web services testing.
- Prior experience working on a financial application preferably a Mortgage Loan Origination
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and manual testing
- Ability to effectively communicate relevant project information with coworkers, peers, and
- management through written and verbal communication;
- Ability to communicate and effectively collaborate with internal departments and other outside
- parties in a professional manner.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.