Engineer I, Software- 190426
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
You are a recent college graduate, and you are looking to launch your career in a company that appreciates your energy and enthusiasm. In college, your favorite projects were entrepreneurial in nature, and in your spare time you could be found working on personal pet-projects just because they were interesting to you. You are looking for an environment that values integrity and collaboration. You are solutions-oriented and understand that the code you develop at Ellie Mae will be used by thousands of end-users, which is why you take pride in producing elegant and robust work.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Generating tight, efficient, high quality code base for Ellie Mae’s Next Generation product
- Developing unit tests and automated tests
- Gaining experience in a fast-paced, growth environment
- Developing a practical perspective of the software engineering discipline, with a focus on delivering high-quality products
- Developing embedded tools and producing a more engaging digital experience for our clients
- Managing, maintaining and customizing web components
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Basic understanding of object-oriented languages
- Experience programming in Java
- Basic familiarity with programming best-practices
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix and/or Windows environments
- “You build it – You own it” mentality is a must. Sense of ownership is paramount to achieving success at Ellie Mae
- Great energy and enthusiasm with a positive, collaborative working style, clear communication and writing skills
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Master’s degree is preferred
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Familiarity with Data Visualization tools
- Experience with web development libraries such as Bootstrap
- Experience with web application frameworks such as Angular JS
- Basic familiarity with data visualization tools such as D3
- Experience with widget development framework
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.