Senior C#/.NET Software Engineer- 190563
El Segundo, CA
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are seeking a strong Senior Software Engineer with a solid background in Software Development. As a member of the Engineering team, you will be working in a fast-paced development team while collaborating with other developers, QA, product, UX, management and customer support teams. You will have the opportunity to participate in designing and developing both existing products and new products. While working on these products you will be responsible for full life-cycle management, including requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment to production and overall ownership of your code.
Why should you join our team?
You are a fast learner who is motivated by working with different technologies
You breathe services and have experience building microservices
You take pride in code quality and automate everything possible
You are a team player and believe that as a team we achieve more
You are detail oriented and work closely with the team to identify and clarify product requirements
You are a great communicator who is comfortable collaborating with other Developers, Business Analysists, Product Management, QA, DevOps
You push yourself and the team to deliver high quality code
You are determined to make your mark in the organization
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Contribute to Ellie Mae’s product development team in moving our leading mortgage software solutions to the next level.
- Analyze, design, develop and unit test software applications with high quality and on schedule, including business critical Web services to be consumed by internal/external applications.
- Analyzes, programs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet-related computer programs.
- Use modern programming languages/technologies and apply industry standard software development best practices.
- Collaborate closely with groups in and outside the development team (e.g. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- 4-8 years of professional experience in commercial software or corporate application development
- Knowledge and experience in enterprise-scale multi-tier, distributed architecture
- Understanding of HTTP/S and Windows/Web-based application architecture
- Solid experience in object-oriented design and development with C#
- Solid experience in .NET technologies (e.g. .NET Core, WCF, WebAPI, MVC)
- Strong in database concepts and solid experience in databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, and/or NoSQL
- Strong Transact SQL (T-SQL) programming and design skills.
- Solid experience in working with large volumes of data within a SQL Server environment
- Demonstrated ability to deliver working solutions on a tight schedule
- Experience leading a project
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS or higher in a computer software or related field
- SaaS/Cloud experience (design and operational)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with performance tuning or optimizing code (back-end/front-end)
- Knowledge of Web services and SoA, including SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.