VP, Engineering 190511
El Segundo, CA
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is looking for a innovative development leader to transform the lead management, consumer engagement and lending experience leveraging data and modern user experience principles. In an evolving and dynamic market, with new generations of consumers demonstrating greater propensity to explore and try new innovations that will not only protect our current share but position Ellie Mae to succeed in continuing to grow the market share. The VP of engineering will be the key leader with a significant voice in the future and continued success of Ellie Mae and of all our customers.
Under the direction of the Senior Technology and Engineering leadership, the Vice President is based at our El Segundo, CA location. The Vice President, Consumer Engagement, will be primarily responsible for developing and delivering several consumer engagement solutions and contribute to realize our vision of a true Digital Mortgage. This person will have a strong grounding in Leadership, Innovation and Delivery best practices and will have a successful history of managing distributed engineering organizations delivering modern consumers and enterprise applications.
- This role within Ellie Mae engineering organization will be focused on developing a strategic consumer and business facing solutions, based on the current assets for Lead management, Engagement/Collaboration, and CRM solutions.
- Think and act strategically, staying abreast of industry trends and modern engineering tools and technologies
- Partner with product management to understand and plan for the future product release requirements and to ensure promotion of new features and values
- Attract outstanding technologists and build a strong team capable of expanding market leadership and delivering the best user experience for Ellie Mae’s customers
- Work with executive management to understand business drivers, market requirements and competitive issues that may impact departmental strategies.
- Oversee translation of product direction into plans to develop and deliver high-quality products on time and within budget.
- Work with peers to develop and implement long-term architectural direction.
EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES
- Experience in managing Enterprise/Consumer engagement platforms
- Proven leadership experience managing engineering teams spanning multiple products
- Senior leadership role at an established SaaS/Cloud/Software technology company
- Significant experience with platform development based on public cloud, preferably AWS
- Dynamic leadership style with strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience building and managing top-talent engineering teams
- Clear, strategic thinker with a vision who can also be hands-on in driving execution
- Strong communicator, with excellent leadership skills
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.