Sr. Technical Support Engineer- 190054 - (VEL)
El Segundo, CA
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Technical Support Engineer acts as a technical detective as a subject-matter expert and a product-area expert to provide support to our customer base utilizing Velocify products, services, platform technologies, and workflows. As an escalation point, the Senior Technical Support Engineer endeavors to deliver complete resolutions in a timely and consistent manner to address our customers’ questions, concerns, and errors encountered in their use of, and interaction with Velocify products and services within their business. The Senior Technical Support Engineer may be deployed virtually to manage and drive resolution of escalated customer issues through creative and inventive problem solving, and is routinely called upon to assist support analysts in complex troubleshooting efforts. A key responsibility of the Senior Technical Support Engineer is to drive product and operational knowledge within their team, and across the organization. The Senior Technical Support Engineer will engage in individual and collaborative efforts towards operational improvement.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Develop and effectively apply learned technical expertise of Velocify software solutions by testing, replicating, and verifying customer problems and logging issues to development.
- Resolve complex problems reported by the customer to the agent in a timely manner with minimal assistance for 95% of cases after six-month’s tenure in the role.
- Drive resolution of cases across assigned team to support and drive service level attainment to departmental standards.
- Mentor and coach team members in and understanding of the systems and departmental policies and procedures to drive attainment of departmental standards.
- Recognize systemic customer-impacting problems, and respond appropriately per departmental procedure by effectively prioritizing and escalating these problems, when applicable.
- Understand and follow company and departmental guidelines and policies for customer service.
- Strive for first-call resolution, balancing completeness of resolution and quality of service while maintaining appropriate technical escalation rates in accordance to departmental standards.
- Adopt and exhibit core behaviors toward teamwork and professionalism as defined by departmental standard.
- Manage case backlog to departmental standards.
- Thoroughly and accurately document details of all internal and customer interactions in appropriate case management system.
- Develop relationships cross functionally to drive overall goals for the department.
- Participate in internal meetings to drive customer view for the Product Team and SaaS Operations.
- Additional primary duties consist of interdepartmental and organizational collaboration including teams such as: Professional Services, Engineering, Product, QA, DevOps, and CloudOps teams; initiating and handling events surrounding incident management.
- Other responsibilities of the role include defect identification and user story generation via collaboration with QA and Product to identify and validate issue resolutions; Building internal tools to increase efficiency behind high level troubleshooting; Clearly and succinctly documenting new-found resolutions to be referenceable across the entire organization; Remain up to date on latest technologies and in house software, product features etc. and mentor less senior staff in the same.
Basic Skills & Qualifications
- B.S. or B.A. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Systems or equivalent.
- Possesses job-relevant technical knowledge to a degree commensurate with the responsibilities of the role. Is recognized and regarded as a subject matter expert.
- Possesses an ability to manage own time to department and to team standards and expectations.
- An understanding of object-oriented and relational model concepts.
- Proven ability to read and write complex SQL statements.
- Knowledge of XML and web application technologies in a Windows environment.
- Collaborates: Partners and works collaboratively to meet shared objectives. Cooperative; Fair; Trustworthy.
- Communicates Effectively: Develops and delivers, with excellent written and oral communications which is clear, salient, and audience-appropriate. Listens attentively; Adapts communication style to the audience and setting; Communicates effectively in large and small groups, and one-to-one. Deliver relevant information and complete solutions with confidence.
- Customer Focus: Exhibits a sense of dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of the customer. Actions are considerate of customer need and perception; Builds and maintains functional and appropriate relationships; Gains trust and garners the respect of the department.
- Decision Quality: Makes sound, timely decisions toward agreed upon personal, company, and departmental/team objectives and goals. Consistently demonstrates good judgement; Considers relevant factors; Applies good practices and methodology to decision making. Understands and appropriately balances and prioritizes work efforts to operational needs; Extremely detail oriented in the process of decision making while in a fast paced, and dynamic environment.
- Manages Complexity: Possesses the capability, capacity, and patience to collect and consider complex, large quantities, and/or potentially contradictory information in the process of triage, problem analysis, and resolution. Critical thinking; Problem solving. An aptitude for technical problem solving, including the ability to learn and adopt new technical concepts, processes, and troubleshooting procedures. Is skilled in the applied techniques and methods of software support, troubleshooting, and issue diagnosis. Obtain relevant diagnostic information and apply to issue analysis and resolution efforts.
- Nimble Learning: Willingly and actively learns through experimentation and problem solving. Curious; Learns concepts quickly; Seeks knowledge. Ability to learn and apply the use of department, job, and role specific policies, processes, procedures and technologies.
- Technical Savvy: Exhibits a willingness and desire to learn diverse, job-appropriate technologies and technical skills. Capacity to understand technical concepts, processes, procedures, and tools
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Possesses a basic understanding of JSON/REST/API, ASP.NET, C#, on-demand, Saas, and ASP software.
- Experience as a customer support specialist for enterprise software applications and syncing to external systems.
- Drives Engagement: Actively works to motivate and create a climate of high-engagement and orientation toward achievement of objectives and goals. Empowers; Invites input; Fosters visibility and ownership. Demonstrates an aptitude and willingness to mentor and coach within their team and across the organization.
- Drives Results: Is able to consistently demonstrate achievement of results toward goals and objectives. Persistent; Empowered; Promotes and appropriately encourages others to meet/exceed goals. Plan and self-manage work efforts to goals and department/team objectives.
- Manages Ambiguity: Demonstrates an ability to remain productive and function effectively in the role when situations are uncertain, unclear, or where situational information is not complete. Adaptable; Flexible; Resilient.
- Plans and Aligns: Successfully applies effort toward the planning and prioritization of work efforts necessary to support and satisfy commitments aligned with organizational goals. Objective oriented; Develops initiatives and actions to support objectives; Anticipates and adjusts; Plans for contingencies.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.