Cyber Security Threat Analyst- 202163
Technology & Operations – Information Security and IRM /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae’s Security Operations team is seeking an Information Security Operations Analyst who possesses great security analysis, collaboration, communications skills and the ability apply knowledge of information security in a fast-moving security operations environment. This role will be responsible for developing cybersecurity risk models, conducting technology risk assessments, and performing and automating control monitoring.
The Information Security Operations Analyst is responsible for supporting the Information Security Operations team in protecting Ellie Mae’s information assets by establishing and enforcing security controls that are established by the Information Security Team.
- Drives the identification and prevention of cyber threats
- Establishes threat plans, maintains metrics, monitors security alerts, performs tests and risk analysis by reviewing security alerts and taking steps to protect the information and recommending security tools policy updates as needed
- Performs and automates monitoring of technology controls; creates and maintains documentation of test scripts, test results, issues/control gaps, corrective actions, and status.
- Conducts risk assessments using industry standard frameworks.
- Supports Cybersecurity Risk reporting activities, including KRI and KPI metrics.
- Delivery focused, willingness to perform and manage all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines, including administrative and documentation-oriented tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle ambiguity, while meeting objectives and deadlines.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness, with a focus on the completeness, accuracy, integrity, security, and confidentiality of the information handled and activities performed.
- Ability to implement appropriate monitoring and prevention activities to support Ellie Mae’s Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Ability to automate tools and workflows, evaluate security tools, and deploy new. Enterprise security solutions
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in teams and committing to deadlines
- Knowledge and experience deploying security technology controls, including access control, data protection, incident/problem management, and data loss prevention.
- Knowledge and experience using industry standards and frameworks
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of commercial and open source security tools
- Knowledge of agile and secure software development lifecycle processes and collaboration tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, Workday and Salesforce.com is a plus
- Knowledge and experience using Unified Control Frameworks (NIST Cybersecurity Framework, PCI, Cloud Security Alliance)
- AD/BA/BS degree in MIS, Computer Science (or equivalent) with 2 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Security certification
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.