Staff Engineer, Data Services 200289
Technology & Operations – Cloud Operations
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Senior Production Database Engineer to join and contribute to the team responsible for the design, development and implementation of critical enterprise SaaS applications . You will be part of the team driving the transformation from private data centers into the cloud. You will bring strong skills to the current space and have the opportunity to adapt and drive the change needed in our database tiers to move to cloud offerings. You will embrace and drive the exciting transformation into a DevOps Database engineer adopting infrastructure as code, hands off management and deployment of our cloud enabled data platform.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Play a lead role in delivering our database platforms (Microsoft SQL and Mongo) on Public Cloud & Private Cloud environments.
- Play a lead role in delivering our database platforms on windows and Linux.
- Cover all aspects of Availability, Scalability, Performance and Security for Databases.
- Automate self service solutions for the database platform.
- Automate CI/CD delivery for the database Platform.
- Partner with engineering, architecture, business and operations teams to design and improve solutions.
- Participating in a global oncall rotation and weekly release & maintenance windows.
- Ability to operate in the high-pressure environment and troubleshoot complex issues quickly, and successfully handle multiple priorities.
- Low tolerance for inefficiency and the burning desire to automate anything that can be automated
- Experience with managing and troubleshooting databases in high performance, multi-user web applications.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2016, 2017).
- Proficient in MongoDB or PostgressSQL
- Experience building and managing production environments on Private and Public cloud (AWS).
- Proficient in applying Microsoft SQL Server capabilities to business problems.
- Proven experience in database design for performance, security and scalability.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux and Windows Server
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills and aptitude to learn new technologies and methodologies.
- Professionalism, positive outlook, respect and courtesy to customers and all associates.
- Experience in working in a 24/7 team managing large data centers
Education and Experience
- 7+ years SQL Server development and administration (2008-2019).
- 5+ Years MongoDB or PostgressSQL Server administration
- 3+ Years Public Cloud experience on AWS offerings.
- 5+ years experience with database and system internals and performance tuning.
- 5+ years SQL Server development covering SQL & T-SQL code.
- 5+ years experience in shell scripting (powershell, shell, Python, Perl).
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Linux and open source software experience highly desirable.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.