Senior UX Designer
Product Management – User Experience (UX) /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Senior UX Designer to join our growing team to create compelling, meaningful experiences that enable our users to achieve their goals. Core responsibilities include interaction design, applying ethnographic and usability data, analyzing both stated and emerging requirements, communicating your design motivations/decisions to various stakeholders, and working in a professional manner within a cross-functional team to achieve project goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in interaction design, industrial design, visual design, HCI, or a related field.
- Experience in the field will be considered in place of a degree if accompanied by 7+ years of experience and a very strong portfolio
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently.
- Achieve these goals while still fulfilling stated business requirements, project goals, and product vision.
- Work with Product Strategy to understand product requirements and turning them into buildable user experiences
- Collaborate with other designers, user researchers, business analysts, and software engineers to enable the design process encouraging productive dialog, and helping the design team to solve design problems as they arise.
- Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for new product features.
- Contribute toward and employ established UX patterns and conventions in experiences tailored to target devices (desktop, tablet, phone, etc.)
- Produce design deliverables including user flows, sketches at various levels of fidelity, wireframes, journey maps, and other similar tools to demonstrate and aid in the validation of proposed design solutions.
- Document the results of design related meetings and document design deliverables
- This position includes various levels of involvement in user research activities
Required Qualifications/ Skills:
- Solid skills in interaction design and an understanding of overall user experience principles.
- 5+ years of professional design experience, including user experience design of web applications. Mobile experience is a strong plus.
- Strong online, or distributable, portfolio/work samples that demonstrate a high-level of proficiency in interaction design for business applications of a similar complexity to the FinTech Enterprise Software domain.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English, including writing and presenting demos.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting technologies.
- Experience working closely with a product and technology organization working with them to understand product requirements and turning the requirements into buildable user experiences.
- Good time management skills are a must.
- Must be a solid, professional, team player
- Must be able to work effectively with cross-functional teams to prioritize UX issues and review the results of user research.
- Must possess a solid working experience with appropriate design tools such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, and Balsamiq.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
- Experience employing user experience practices in the of Agile/Lean methodologies preferred
Collaboration/ Communication Skills:
- Able to be diplomatic when working with both internal stakeholders, partners and other end-customers
- Capable of skillfully giving and taking feedback
- Capable of producing clear and precise documentation
- Able to formulate clear and understandable reports and present/communicate findings to internal management/leadership teams
- Prior experience or background in the point-of-sale financing or overall FinTech space is a plus!
- Candidates should demonstrate an ability to quickly get up to speed on our core business and other areas of our business as we grow rapidly in existing and new markets
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the roles in the software engineering process and has experience working directly with these various roles
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the products they have supported, the personas, each persona's general goals, as well as describe the market value proposition of the products
- Can describe the competitors of the products they have supported and their particular advantages and disadvantages
- no trial period - employment for an indefinite period from day 1 (contract of employment or B2B)
- up to 8 additional days off (American holidays)
- relocation package (if needed)
- medical and dental care
- sports card
- co-financing of a home office
- 2 weeks of "covid leave" - 100% paid extra days off in case of health / personal problems with you or your family
- recommendation system
- clear career path in Polish and global structures with full support of your personal development
- friendly, non-corporate organizational culture - it will be fun working with us!
- budget: up to 9800- 13800 PLN Gross
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.