VP, Finance- 190350
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Vice President, Finance Reporting to the CFO, the Vice President, Finance is a critical member of the management team. The Vice President, Finance will lead the Financial Planning & Analysis function at Ellie Mae and work closely with the CFO and the executive team to instill financial discipline, analytics, and drive company performance.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Lead the company-wide annual budgeting and multi-year financial strategic planning
- Build scalable financial models and processes to support the evaluation of proposed business investments via return on investment calculations and scenario modeling.
- Develop the tools to support key business investment decisions and evaluate actual results (eg, capital investments, acquisitions, price changes, etc.).
- Provide insight and council to company leaders.
- Ensure the appropriate financial systems are in place to support the mission of the finance function relative to planning, forecasting, financial reporting and analysis.
- Deliver accurate, timely and relevant financial reports and analytical insights to support timely decision making. Candidate Profile Business Acumen
- Quickly grasp key business drivers in an industry and organization
- Adapts well but maintains a strong analytic orientation
- Can solve complex problems using whatever data is available. Uses experience and wisdom to come to the best conclusion and solution given the situation and available information. Executing for Results
- Strong execution orientation with experience managing large scale complex projects
- Can quickly separate the mission-critical from the nice to haves
- Attacks everything with drive and energy with an eye on the bottom line. Not afraid to initiate action before having perfect data.
- Drives projects that are started to closure. Willing to roll-up their sleeves to help the team. Leading Teams
- Sets a high standard for quality, teamwork, results, and customer service.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the points of view and needs of all of the business functions.
- Negotiates skillfully to achieve a fair outcome or promote a common cause and communicates a compelling vision. Is committed to what needs to be done.
- Builds a culture of innovation and will keep the team focused on the most important metrics.
- Inspires other, builds motivated, high-performing teams and understands what motivates different people. Building Relationships and Using Influence
- Builds and sustains cross-functional relationships at multiple levels in the workplace.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to “get things done” while remaining diplomatic and collaborative
- Fearlessly addresses all issues and challenges. Is comfortable constructively working through conflict.
Basic Skills & Qualifications
- At least 15 years of professional experience in a financial role including at least 10 years in leadership roles
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or economics
- MBA and/or CPA desired or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience and success leading and building high-quality financial planning, pricing, corporate analytics, and financial systems in a private or public technology company, with increasing levels of responsibility. Preferably with a strong understanding of software business models with significant software subscription revenue.
- A player-coach who leads through example and is willing and able to dive in when needed and roll up sleeves to attack problems and devise solutions.
- Investment banking, private equity, or management consulting
- Experience working in a SaaS company
- M&A – Has lead or participated in M&A due diligence, business valuation, modeling, and integration for a business.
- Experience implementing or enhancing financial planning tools o Experience working for a private equity backed business
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.