Sr. Manager, SRE - 190788
Technology & Operations – Cloud Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineering Manager, you will be responsible to lead a team of skilled Site Reliability Engineers and be responsible for the delivery, optimization, resilience, and availability of high-transaction EllieMae services. This is a unique position offering a rapid growth opportunity for a hardworking leader with high potential. You will be working on a strategic, high-growth EllieMae applications spread across public and private clouds.
SRE Manager ensures that internally critical and externally visible systems maintain the appropriate service levels (availability, latency, and reliability) to serve our customers' needs, and reduce the friction for managing change, while being strategic about capacity, and constantly managing performance. You bring talent with a penchant for leadership, strong communication skills, and a strong drive for organizational excellence - all while learning and having fun
- Ensure alignment and coordination with your Software Engineering leadership peers.
- Provide technical leadership for a hybrid private/public cloud enterprise solution.
- Collaborate with various internal teams to provide a high quality customer experience.
- Deliver automation to prevent problem recurrence, and automate response to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Lead by example, both technically and organizationally, and establish credibility with the quality of your and your team's technical execution.
- Mentor, coach, and develop a high-performing SRE team.
- Create a culture that supports innovation and creativity while delivering high output in a predictable and reliable way.
- Utilize automation to provision, configure and maintain the Performance Engineering lab
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical discipline, or related practical experience
- 8+ years experience in a web operations role
- 6+ years in a management/leadership position with at least 1+ year in management for engineering or operations talent
- 6+ years UNIX systems knowledge and/or systems administration background
- 3+ years programming in one or more of: Python, Perl, Ruby, Java, or C
- 6+ years in an operations leadership position
- Trouble-shooting skills that span systems, network, and code
- Experience with web-based .Net/Java/J2EE architectures
- Excellent communication skills
- BS Computer Science
- Able to work effectively across multiple time zones to collaborate with peers in other geographies.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.