Engineer II, Software 190706
Technology & Operations – Engineering
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Software Engineering job family analyzes, designs, develops, and tests software applications for features, modules, software enhancements and new products, using specifications and prototypes based on competitive market, customer requirements, business functionality and identifies tools, processes and technologies for problem resolution.
- Independently able to analyze needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems. Develop technical specifications.
- Designs, develops and unit tests software applications with high quality and on schedule.
- Turns ideas and concepts into carefully designed and well-authored code.
- Articulates the interdependencies and the impact of the design choices.
- Easily able to Adapt/enhance existing and develop new engineering processes & tools.
- Leads team code review and code management and develops /improves code management procedures.
- Goes beyond team boundaries and able to influence groups in and out of development team (e.g. QA, Product Management, SaaS Operations, UE, Tech Pub) to achieve well groomed, predictable results.
- Experience with AWS technologies like AWS EMR, ECS, Athena, Lambda
- Experience with both relational and non-relational DB's are a plus
- Postgres, DynamoDB Experience is a plus
- Good knowledge on Containerized based micro services development
- Apache Spark to process big data and ETL tool experience using Spark is a plus
- Scala or Java language experience is preferred
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Science
- 2+ years of software development experience
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.