Manager Software Engineering -201177
Technology & Operations – Engineering /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Be responsible for delivering enterprise level design and infrastructure
· Management of projects with C++ or Python.
· Prefer knowledge and experience with agile methodologies.
· Architect software solutions from the ground up per Business and Process-related specifications, and to work within and leverage existing architectures and standards.
· Manage business processes, which, when implemented, will lead to exceptional performance.
· Coach, mentor and grow your team to ensure we are meeting the needs of the staff and company in order to maintain productivity and high team morale
· You are expected to work at the architectural and product level, and be able to influence the brightest minds with logic and reasoning
· Carry out SOA governance aligned with industry standards and standard methodologies
· Proactively assess system performance and lead optimizations required to meet product requirements
· Responsible for leading software enhancements, defect correction, integration of features and incremental releases
· Review test results and evaluate for delivery of product requirements
· Work with business analysts to finalize business requirements and product definition
· Partner closely with the Architecture Team and senior technical members on the team
· You will participate in multi-functional projects from conception through product delivery
· You should be technically savvy, communicate effectively and have a strong curiosity for new technologies
• 10+ years minimum experience in Software Engineering and management.
* Exposure to Image processing, Open CV, AI/ML tools and technologies
• Exceptional programming skills including experience using C++, Python and source code control.
• Ability and willingness to get in-depth understanding of existing products and apply that knowledge to develop new products and to deliver enhancements/fixes for customer requirements.
• Hands on experience with CI/CD, design reviews, code reviews, unit testing, integration/system testing, monitoring, alerting, agile development practices
• Strong sense of ownership, accountability and delivery
• Experience with REST architectural patterns and experience building publicly consumable RESTful services
• Extensive experience building, exposing, consuming RESTful services
• Deep knowledge of industry standards and industry best practices for a large, complex platforms and services
• Extensive hands on experience designing and implementing API's and SDKs
• Experience with security protocols and security best practices
• Full stack experience, knowledge of platform and application layer development processes in a SOA and event driven environment
• Shown success leading teams and developing individuals
• Confirmed experience to influence decisions across functional areas
• Shown success designing robust and scalable production systems
• Prior experience with capacity planning, scalability and performance analysis
• Ability to effectively communicate with developers, project managers, UX, QA and the leadership team
• Deep knowledge of agile development methodologies
• Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred.
* Having knowledge of AWS and cloud based technologies will be a plus.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.