Sr Revenue Accountant 202374
G&A – Revenue /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will act as a key member of the Revenue Team, working to ensure compliance with the Company's revenue recognition policies by reviewing contract terms, researching applicable guidance, performing analyses, and recording required adjustments.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately in accordance with SEC and GAAP guidelines including Arrangements with multiple deliverables, and compliance with the company's revenue recognition policies.
- Perform contract analysis review and apply critical thinking to ensure Subscription and Professional Services contracts have been accounted for correctly under ASC 606
- Perform monthly and quarterly revenue accounting close procedures relating to revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable including journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, analysis, and reporting.
- Manage the revenue recognition process for Professional and Educational Services.
- Maintain deferral revenue schedules and preparing the deferral revenue waterfall.
- Create detailed revenue reports as needed for senior management.
- Perform quarterly backlog reporting and disclosures related to revenue
- Draft revenue memos as necessary to document the Company’s accounting positions.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for internal controls around revenue and participate in SOX testing as needed.
- Prepare documentation for quarterly/annual audit requests.
- Knowledge of ASC 606 as well as other revenue pronouncements. Experience with multi-element revenue recognition, with strong analytical, business partnering, and interpersonal skills.
- Perform other ad hoc responsibilities as necessary
Qualifications, Skills, and Education
- BA in Accounting or related majors. CPA or CPA candidate is preferred.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience working with revenue recognition. Software and/or SaaS experience required.
- Proficiency with Excel is a required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Motivated and self-starter who takes responsibility for team performance
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and effectively to target audiences.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have outstanding organizational skills with attention to detail
- Workday, or large ERP system, and SalesForce experience preferred
- ERP system implementation experience related to the order to revenue process.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.