Director, Accounting 200217
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Reporting to the VP Corporate Controller, the Director of Accounting will be a key leader in the Finance and Accounting organization and will be directly responsible for leading the company’s month-end financial close, payroll and accounts payable processes, ensuring accurate and timely financial reporting, as well as establishing policies and procedures within the Accounting function. The candidate must be a leader, have experience in managing teams, be detail oriented and strategically minded, have strong organization and communication skills, and be hands-on. The Director of Accounting is a well-organized, process driven and supportive leader who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Manage the General Ledger, Payroll and Accounts Payable teams – establish performance metrics to drive accountability and measure improvement
- Oversee general ledger accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting, including consolidations, intercompany accounting, chart of accounts maintenance, accounting for international subsidiaries, journal entry and reconciliations, flux analysis and supporting schedules.
- Manage the monthly financial close activities and hold participants accountable by running a disciplined close process and coordinating activities and analysis with teams across the accounting and finance organization
- Drive the development of strategies to improve accounting operations efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including the development and execution of policy, process and system changes
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach to refine and streamline the close and audit preparation process
- Ensure compliance with local statutory regulations for international subsidiaries
- Support the tax function with schedules and information required for timely tax compliance
- Prioritize and manage the IT relationship and function enhancement within financial system for areas of responsibility
- Partner with FP&A for effective hand-offs and collaboration on financial analysis and process improvements
- Ad hoc projects as necessary including M&A integration and adoption of new standards
- CPA (or equivalent) with 12+ years’ experience in accounting including at least 5 years Big 4 public accounting firm experience; multinational organization experience and SaaS industry strongly preferred
- Strong operational experience including responsibility managing close, payroll and A/P processes
- Leadership and people-management skills, track record of developing and managing staff
- Big picture thinker that is willing and able to dive into the details for insights and accuracy review
- Desire and willingness to continuously grow and improve self, team, process and system
- Strong operational experience to drive standardization and consistency in financial information and delivery.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to evaluation situations and quickly put in place action plans to address
- Ability and desire to build strong relationships with internal and external business partners
- Excellent organizational skills, but comfortable with ambiguity
- Execution focused and deadline driven, with the ability to take individual responsibility for delivering quality work in a timely manner
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all areas and levels of the company
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.