Sr. Director, Product Management, Encompass Lending Platform 201340
Pleasanton, CA /
Product Management – Product Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
At Ellie Mae, Sr. Directors of Product Management play a critical role in delivering value to Ellie Mae customers. Sr. Directors manage a portfolio of products and are responsible for achieving planned business outcomes as well as the overall strategy and execution of products in their portfolio.
The Sr. Director of Product Management, Encompass Lending Platform at Ellie Mae will be responsible for the success of industry leading Ellie Mae’s Encompass platform used to process over 45% of the US mortgages today. As a key member of the product leadership team, the leader of this team has the opportunity to chart a path to and execute on a multi-year journey to drive the product and platform strategy influencing thousands of lenders, many thousands of developers, and hundreds of partners servicing the mortgage industry. If you like leading at scale, this is the right place for you!
The Sr. Director of product management manages the product managers, business analysts and subject matter experts responsible for the execution and success of Ellie Mae’s platform. Furthermore, they collaborate with the various cross-functional teams within Ellie Mae to align the product and business strategy, as well as partner with the product marketing and field organizations to drive the go-to-market strategy.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Manage, develop and grow a strong product management team at Ellie Mae
- Develop and execute on Ellie Mae’s product and business strategy
- Ensure needs of all Ellie Mae’s internal product teams are met, with proper prioritization and socializing of product needs in alignment with corporate strategy
- Work with legal, sales, business development, customer support and customers to understand their needs
- Maintain up to date knowledge regarding mortgage industry and technology trends
- Provide assistance to technical support and sales teams in order to assist customers with detailed product questions.
Basic Qualifications, Skills and Education
- Deep expertise leading cross functional, product and engineering teams
- Fintech experience is a plus
- MBA degree is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; ideally in Business, Computer Science, or an Engineering discipline
- Must have experience developing and detailing software product requirements.
- Ability to analyze and clearly communicate business requirements as a key input to the product development process
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, legal, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales.
- Self-motivated as well as a strong team player
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.