Sr. General Ledger Accountant- 190898
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
- Play a key role in the monthly close process including preparation of monthly journal entries, account reconciliations of assigned accounts, research monthly variances and provide analysis of complex movements, ensuring financial transaction are properly recorded in the general ledger and accounted for in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles as well as review assumptions and judgments underlying significant estimates.
- Perform monthly close procedures including: Internally developed software, debt, equity, bonus, various accrual entries, etc.
- Assist with research and documentation of technical accounting issues.
- Work closely with external auditors and assist with the preparation of schedules for annual audits.
- Various ad hoc projects as needed
Education, Experience And Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Experience in a public accounting firm preferred (Big 4 preferred)
- CPA candidate preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years of related work experience
- Must have extensive computer experience, more specifically with Excel, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with WorkDay and Salesforce a plus.
- Flexibility and ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and detail-oriented
- Strong people skills, ability to work well with all levels within the organization
- Personal attributes should include a high level of motivation and demonstrated ability to grow into additional complexity and responsibility, ability to multi-task, the ability to take initiative in problem solving, ability to work independently and within a team environment, and to make well-reasoned and timely decisions, ability to identify procedural and internal control deficiency and provide suggestions for improvements and the enjoyment of a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.