Associate Product Manager-200309
Product Management – Product Management /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Business Analysts lead the analysis, documentation and management of business requirements throughout the project lifecycle and ensure that requirements will meet the objectives of the business and are fully understood by the technical, UX, and Product Compliance team before solutions are designed and implemented
- Leads and manages requirements gathering and analysis activities by working with stakeholders, software engineers, UX designers, usability engineers, Product Compliance analysts, QA engineers, and internal/external customers.
- Elicits, captures, analyzes, refines, articulates and documents detailed business requirements, epics, user stories, acceptance criteria and software documentation via approved processes.
- Drives every release sprint to ensure backlog is groomed, and stories are sprint scope is locked.
- Ensures a quality sprint delivery and end of sprint demos.
- Participate in regular scrum meetings to answer team questions, ensure requirements are understood and assist in providing additional documentation to ensure successful execution.
- Communicate ideas in a way that all members of the implementation team have a thorough understanding of the business outcomes and requirements.
- Primary author of all Functional Requirements and responsible for all functional Jira entries for assigned products/projects.
- Identify technical, functional, product, and project dependencies, and manage those dependencies to successful outcomes
- Support the software development process by writing excellent epics and user stories that are easily understood, capture the business value, and are ahead of the scheduled time needed by engineering, user experience, or product compliance, along with clear acceptance criteria and constraints for each story
- Look critically at the Ellie Mae systems and recommend, initiate, and participate in redesign efforts as necessary to extend their viability and efficiency
- Manage requirement changes throughout the project lifecycle.
- Balance business requirements with technical feasibility and sustainability.
- Synthesize complex information into concise, readable, unambiguous language.
- Drive product backlog maintenance and grooming.
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, UX Designers, Usability Engineers, Software Engineers, Product Compliance Analysts, and Quality Assurance Engineers.
- Establish and maintain agreements between team members on requirements.
- Participate in Agile cadence such as Scrum stand up meetings, backlog grooming sessions, review and retrospective meetings.
- Ensure that appropriate project documentation is produced throughout the project life-cycle.
Basic skills and qualifications
- Solid understanding of software development life-cycle and Agile development processes. Preference for extensive agile experience and some waterfall experience
- Proven experience creating user stories, acceptance criteria, design documentation, process flows and wireframes in order to clearly communicate a set of functional requirements.
- Strong business requirement analytical skills with the ability to produce clearly articulated
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.