Director, Customer Success Premier Support 201240
Omaha, NE /
Customer Success – Technical Support /
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Director of Customer Success Premier Support will serve as a leader, coach, and supervisor of a team of customer support engineers focused on delivering technical support services to a group EllieMae’s largest clients. In addition, the Director will work effectively across multiple organizations including other areas of Customer Success, Product Management, Engineering, and Cloud Ops and provide input to effectively influence supportability, reliability and scalability of our Ellie Mae’s Enterprise products. Premier Support is a critical offering for our customers and they rely on our high performing Premier Support team to achieve their ROI goals on their technology investment.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Be accountable for ongoing performance and service delivery against the objectives and goals of the Premier Support team.
- Collaborate in a cross functional capacity, identify and own opportunities for continuous improvement of efficiency and delivery of the support experience to Ellie Mae’s Premier Support customers.
- Drive the development of their Premier Support team members and ensure their effectiveness and job satisfaction.
- Drive competitive advantage through improving operational efficiency, empowerment of the staff, effectiveness of service delivery, customer satisfaction and retention.
- Create a cooperative environment where our team is both reactive and proactive in our delivery of world-class technical support
- Visualize and define new value-added tools for our Premier accounts and work with our Customer Success Architect as well as Product and Engineering leaders to productize where appropriate
- Utilize superior customer management skills, especially in high pressure, high reliability applications
- Partner effectively with Sales Account Managers and SaaS Operations teams with focus on EllieMae’s core value of One Team, One Score, One Star
- Develop Premier Support Engineering staff through effective hiring, coaching, evaluative performance feedback and guidance
- Provide leadership and training for all associates in a professional and positive manner to promote corporate goals and achieve department objectives
- Be able to operate effectively within a budget
- Maintain and regularly present the scheduled services sales forecasting and pipeline reports
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of standard service contract templates and marketing materials
- Minimize customer churn by building into process the ability to measure and articulate value delivered prior to renewals
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent Certifications and Experience
- 15+ years of management experience in a Customer Success or Customer Support organization
- 10+ years of experience with Enterprise-level mortgage or banking customers
- 5+ years of prior cloud engineering experience and an understanding of AWS, GCP or Azure engineering principals and architecture
- Strong working knowledge of operational best-practices which govern delivery of technical support
- Possesses and understanding of, or can demonstrate the capacity for functional understanding of the concepts of case and problem management
- Capable of managing and driving teams cross-functionally toward tactical goals, including the engagement in, and leadership toward Major Incident Management
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead, train and motivate staff at all levels and cross-functionally
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines at the initiative, project and task level
- Ability to delegate appropriately and monitor/measure effectiveness
- Excellent customer service and crisis management skills
- Strong knowledge of, recognition of importance, and willingness to drive adherence to company policies, procedures and process
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.