Sr. Revenue Accountant- 190181
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will act as a key member of the Revenue Team, working to ensure compliance with the Company's revenue recognition policies by reviewing contract terms, researching applicable guidance, performing analyses, and recording required adjustments.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure revenue is booked accurately and in accordance to SEC and GAAP guidelines including Arrangements with Multiple Deliverables.
- Ensure compliance to company's revenue recognition policies.
- Daily review of completed sales contracts and evaluation of revenue recognition treatment by completing revenue recognition checklist.
- Partner with Sales to review and make recommendations on open sales contracts to ensure revenue recognition policy is followed and proper accounting treatments are in place prior to order processing.
- Perform monthly and quarterly revenue accounting close procedures relating to revenue, deferred revenue, and accounts receivable including journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, analysis and reporting.
- Maintain deferred revenue schedules requiring manual recognition
- Create detailed revenue reports as needed for senior management.
- Perform quarterly fair value analysis for BESP and VSOE.
- Draft revenue memos as necessary to document the Company’s accounting positions.
- Review new products with product management team to establish revenue accounting.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation for internal controls around revenue and participate in SOX testing as needed.
- Prepare documentation for quarterly/annual audit requests.
- Skills and knowledge requirements:
- Knowledge of ASC 606 as well as other revenue pronouncements. Experience with multi-element revenue recognition, with strong analytical, business partnering, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively to target audiences.
- Strong attention to details.
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- BA in Accounting or related majors. CPA or CPA candidate is required.
- 4-6 years relevant experience working with revenue recognition. Software and/or SaaS experience preferred.
- ERP system implementation experience related to the order to revenue process.
- Knowledge of MS Office products (Excel, Word, Outlook). Strong Excel skills and experience with Salesforce.com preferred.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.