Senior Tax Analyst-190243
G&A – Accounting
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Ellie Mae is looking for a Senior Tax Analyst to join our growing corporate tax team based in Pleasanton, CA. This role will report to our Senior Tax Director and support the domestic tax functions. This is an amazing opportunity to join a talented tax team and make an immediate impact.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Prepare the quarterly and annual income tax provision in accordance with ASC 740
- Prepare detailed U.S. tax return work papers, including book-to-tax differences
- Assist with coordination of federal and state income tax return prepared by outside tax firm and perform detailed review of the returns
- Perform tax account reconciliation and account rollforwards for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Support R&D tax credit studies
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual sales/use tax returns for five states, business license, and annual property tax returns
- Participate in tax process optimization, develop and implement procedural changes and/or process to improve tax function
- Liaise with corporate finance, accounting, legal, human resources and other business partners within the company on tax-driven matter
- Assist with special projects, such as sales/use and income tax audits
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters in Taxation or CPA a plus
- 5+ years of corporate tax experience with public accounting firm and/or multinational corporate experience in the technology sector
- Willingness to learn and support various tax functions
- Team oriented, self-motivated and willing to take ownership of projects
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work with Excel and various tax software tools including tax compliance and tax research software (e.g. OneSource, RIA Checkpoint) to create efficiencies
- Working experience with sales/use tax is a plus
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.