Staff Cyber Security Engineer-190779
Technology & Operations – Information Security and IRM
Ellie Mae is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
You will be a key consultant regarding security features of technologies used in the corporate environment, working closely with other security functions to ensure that there is coordination with their activities in technology choices.
The Cyber Security Engineer is Senior Position - a hands-on role that involves configuration, setup, operational capabilities DLP (Data Loss Prevention), Security Analytics with SIEM, Elastic, End point Security
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work closely with the other technology members to make sure that security is properly provisioned in their technology domains.
- Self driven, motivated, and looking for new challenges to develop your career
- Build and monitor DLP (Data Loss Prevention) rules and monitor events and Tune
- Build data models, parsers, log collectors and dashboards while onboarding critical log data
- Develop content, tune alerting and create correlation rules
- Partner with incident responders to improve data quality
- Develop and report SIEM performance metrics to leadership using tools such as Splunk, LogRhytm, CASB, Elastic, Kibana, Grafana
- Develop, contribute, enhance the cyber threat intelligence, hunting, and cyber forensics functions on end points
Basic Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Engineering or related field of study
- 5+ years of experience with scripting (PowerShell, Python, BASH)
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft environment for Software installation, configuration and support
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft environment (Exchange, SCCM, GPO, AD, MSSQL, IIS)
- 5+ years of experience in Intermediate log parsing and analysis skill set
- Capable of turning use cases into DLP rules within Data Protection platforms (Forcepoint, Microsoft CASB, Cloud CASB)
- Experience creating detection content and writing correlation rules
- Experience working in (or closely with) a Security Operations Center
- Experiment with Machine Learning and Anomaly Detection techniques
- Experience with Building Dashboards for SOC team
- Experience with Splunk, LogRhythm, CASB, Elastic, Kibana, Grafana
- Experience working with EDR platforms such as Crowdstrike, Trend, Tanium End point Management and Security tools
- Knowledge of malware operation and indicators or threat
- Knowledge of current threat landscape (threat actors, APT, cyber-crime, etc)
- Strong CLI and scripting language experience (Python, PowerShell, etc)
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.