Sr. Manager, Customer Success- 180279 - ETS
Customer Success – Technical Support
Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is the leading cloud-based platform provider for the mortgage finance industry. Ellie Mae’s technology solutions enable lenders to originate more loans, reduce origination costs, and reduce the time to close, all while ensuring the highest levels of compliance, quality and efficiency. Visit EllieMae.com to learn more.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Enterprise Technical Support (ETS) acts as a leader, coach, and supervisor of a team of Technical Support, Customer Success Managers and Customer Success Engineer professionals. As a leader, the Senior Manager of this group the will collaborate in a cross functional capacity, identify and own opportunities to apply efforts toward the continuous improvement of efficiency and delivery of the support experience to Ellie Mae’s customers.
As a coach and mentor to other leaders on the team and direct reports, the Senior Manager is responsible for driving the development of the Enterprise Technical Support team members and individually, to ensure effectiveness and job satisfaction.
As the supervisor of their team, the Senior Manager is accountable for ongoing performance and service delivery against the objectives and goals of the business and department. As part of their guiding philosophy, the Director should drive competitive advantage through improving operational efficiency, empowerment of their staff, effectiveness of service delivery, and customer satisfaction and retention.
- Lead, Manage and improve business processes, which, when implemented, will lead to exceptional performance.
- Manage to a set consistent service delivery key performance indicators as required by functional role.
- Create a cooperative environment where full understanding of the performance and enablers of "World Class" Technical Support team are fully understood across all team members.
- Select and recruit team members with high potential in service delivery.
- Manage timely departmental workflow and productivity, as well as enhance agent experience and knowledge.
- Extreme partnerships with Sales, Field Account Managers and SaaS Operations teams.
- Develop strategic and tactical proposals for the department to support company initiatives.
- Identify and implement procedures and training tools for the agents on troubleshooting, customer service skills and handling severity issues.
- Develop Technical Support, CSM and CSE staff through effective hiring, coaching, evaluative performance feedback and guidance.
- Provide leadership and training for all associates in a professional and positive manner to promote corporate goals and achieve department objectives.
- Administer staff effectively to balance individual, team, departmental, and organizational goals and obligations.
- Be able to manage within budget.
- Established YoY growth of customer base and service revenue.
- Proven track record to manage churn of customers.
- 12+ year’s minimum experience in a leadership customer-facing technical support, or equivalent roles.
- Strong working knowledge of operational best-practices which govern delivery of technical support.
- Possesses and understanding of, or can demonstrate the capacity for functional understanding of the concepts of case and problem management.
- Capable of managing and driving teams cross-functionally toward tactical goals, including the engagement in, and leadership toward Major Incident Management.
- Full knowledge of Enterprise Technical Support or equivalent operational functions, procedures and quality of service measurement.
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to lead, train and motivate staff at all levels and cross-functionally.
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines at the initiative, project and task level.
- Ability to delegate appropriately and monitor/measure effectiveness.
- Excellent customer service and crisis management skills.
- Strong knowledge of, recognition of importance, and willingness to drive adherence to company policies, procedures and process.
- Ability to work well with all levels of management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Computer Science.
Ellie Mae is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.